Best Bass Lines in Rock?

troyphoto

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is like selecting the insipid Bungle in the the Jungle as the premier track from the entire Jethro Tull catalog! Please!

I was always kind of partial to Too old to rock & roll. I once heard that only nerds worked for his band...

[:^)]

Primus "Silly Putty" which is actually a Stanley Clarke number. This is a slapping bass song with some instances of deep bass sustain. The odd part is that there's a turntable-ist? in the mix. While I'm not an avid lover of turntable scratching by any means this really adds an awesome groove to the song.

Ozzy doing No More Tears -- killer intro

His Finest Album...........No More Tears, the OZ-man nailed that one......solid, complete album from start to finish.....

I'm sorry but that is pretty laughable. Blizzard Of Ozz and Diary Of A Madman are WAY superior. Zakk is a wanker guitarist who doesn't hold a candle to Randy Rhoads.

LOL, while funny, I have to disagree. I like zaks style.

Paul Simon had a song if I recall, had Chevy Chase in the entire video, always that that had a great bass riff. Oh yeah... You can call me Al. That's it.

Harry Nilsson

From the album Nilsson Schmilsson: "Jump Into the Fire".

It's been over a decade since I heard Harry..."Jump into the Fire," does have an awesome bass line. There are quite a few Nilsson songs I like. He and Winston O'Boogie were two peas in a pod. [;)]

Harry led quite the interesting life. The list of people who crossed his path is a Who's Who of rock. I didn't realize that both Keith Moon and Mama Cass died in the same room in his London flat 4 years apart.

is like selecting the insipid Bungle in the the Jungle as the premier track from the entire Jethro Tull catalog! Please!

I was always kind of partial to Too old to rock & roll. I once heard that only nerds worked for his band...

[:^)]

ROFLMAO!

Richard, actually, that should be "handsome nerds**"

... My how some things change!

Oh, and Jethro is a friend of Pink's... Well, with the exception that Jethro was real, albeit as the inventor of the seed drill in 1701.

But let me take this opportunity to heartly suggest that everyone run out and get a copy of the The New Horse-Hoeing Husbandry: an Essay on the Principles of Tillage and Nutrition, a thoroughly rousing and suspenseful read necessary for the well-rounded education of any true gentleman.

**insane enough to tolerate the insanity of the road, no AC, no showers, lousy food, Chicago, no showers, non-stop parties (but only those that begin after 3am), the Electricians and Teamsters Protection rackets...er...unions, no showers, embarrassing venue T-Shirts that looked (more) reasonable turned inside out (read: they were clean!), dysentary, no AC, oh, and did I mention the 'money for nothing' 'non-stop parties - after 3AM, w/o a shower?...or Chicago? And on the rare occasion that you didn't have to leave after load out for the next well planned gig 500 miles away and could actually find the #$@& hotel, where in Hell is the road manager????? Yup, a non-stop party! Oh, and a very warped sense of humor was invaluable...My kingdom for a shower... And the crazy stories haven't even begun!

post-23237-13819349129898_thumb.png

It's hard to pick some that have not already been mentioned. I don/t think the following have been mentioned: Lots of songs by theh Police, Every Breath You take comes to mind, Gimme Some Lovin by Spencer Davis Group, Midnight confessions by Grassroots, It don't Come Easy by Ringo Starr, and one more by the Stones, I think title is Live With me.