M Khorns

greg928gts

I spend a lot of time shopping for products, moving the speakers around, testing, etc... But just the actual work on those must have been around 80 man-hours. I spent a lot of time on the backs of the speakers, probably more than necessary. It's easier when the speakers start out finished from the factory. Without the upgrades, doing less work on the backs, and not crating them up, the job could be done in under 50 man-hours.

I'm not sure on the shipping. My customer is taking care of everything after I drop them off in Boston. I think he said around $3500.

The speakers sold for $7,354, completely restored with original components, the upgrades as listed, crating, and delivery to the shipper in Boston. So he'll have well over $10K into them. He's very excited, he's been buying new Cary amps, a fancy new turntable, and other goodies. He wants me to put together a pair of Jubilees next and send them over to him. Of course I'll get to audition them!

Greg

post-11090-13819339712542_thumb.jpg

Another fantastic job!

What kind of black paint do you use on the back? I've got a set I'm going to refinish at some point and plan on repainting the back as well.

I use Rustoleum Satin Black.

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone. Feel free to just say "dittos".

Greg

Greg... You still da man!!!

So, what's your next project?

I'd really like to see some Klipschorns or La Scalas in English Sycamore... black grille cloth... yum!

Posted Image

Rob

Birdseye Maple and English Sycamore are both good choices, but I've got my eye on an Oak Burl.

Greg

post-11090-13819339737272_thumb.jpg