dwilawyer is 47

pmsummer

• Moderators

Happy Birthday, Travis!

PM,

Thanks for remembering (I have no idea how you knew), I will have to get you back for that[:P]

Thank you everyone for wishing me a nice birthday, it was a very nice time on Friday, a few friends, some music, cocktails (but no cigs or cigars, log time since that happened).

Someone else has, a frequent poster, has birthday on or near the same day as me, I am going to have to go back and find out who that is.

Thanks again to everyone for the well wishes, it was a nice surprise to see them.

Travis

• Moderators

Happy Birthday!

Gotta ask, did you get another dog?

Chicago,

Thanks for asking about the dog situation, no new pup yet. It is still too soon for my wife. I think my plan is going to be that I am going to surprise her with a puppy for Christmas. It will probably be another Great Pyr.

Travis

• Moderators

Happy Birthday.......closing in on 50.....[:D]......young pup !!!!!! ........ Did you quit smoking? You don't answer that question..........

OB,

I always answer the question, I think maybe you don't go back to the thread after I answer it, of course, could be I have not gone back to a thread or two as well. However, FOR THE RECORD, I quit 58 days ago. I used Chantix to do it, and I cannot reccomend it highly enough. I got it after hearing Gary talk about it. I was planing on quitting at the same time Gary and his wife were, but it took me a week or so to get the prescription and then I was starting a trial and decided to wait until after the trial was over. I am not sure, I am either 2 or 3 weeks behind Gary, but as of today, I have not smoked for 58 days. (I have not used nicotine in any form, patches, gum, dip, snuff, cigars, suppository, etc.).

So, I am officially quit, a not smoker. I am sitting on a big investment of cuban cigars, I was really tempted to have a cigar for my birthday, kind of 2 or 3 cigars per year kind of thing, but I am so scared that if I smoke a cigar I will go back to cigs. It was so hard to quit cigs, I just don't want to risk it at this point.

Travis

Happy Birthday!

Chicago,

Thanks for asking about the dog situation, no new pup yet. It is still too soon for my wife. I think my plan is going to be that I am going to surprise her with a puppy for Christmas. It will probably be another Great Pyr.

Travis

Travis when you were going through the loss of your dog, I was experiencing the exact same thing and did not want to comment or even think about it. Totally sucks is an understatement.

Having had at least one German Shepherd in the homestead since I was nine years old, Im 49 now, I knew that I was going to get another.

So here's a pic of Gunner getting along famously with little Wilson:)

My advice is don't wait, Cindy was dead set against it but now thats her baby.

post-14158-13819343826196_thumb.jpg

Travis,

There's another audio forum that posts whose birthday
it is on their main page (they also send you a greeting). I saw
yours, and couldn't resist letting others of the Kult of Klipsch know
(I probably could have left off how MANY years, though).

PM

• Moderators

Happy Birthday!

Chicago,

Travis

Travis when you were going through the loss of your dog, I was experiencing the exact same thing and did not want to comment or even think about it. Totally sucks is an understatement.

Having had at least one German Shepherd in the homestead since I was nine years old, Im 49 now, I knew that I was going to get another.

So here's a pic of Gunner getting along famously with little Wilson:)

My advice is don't wait, Cindy was dead set against it but now thats her baby.

Chicago,

Gunner is such a cute pup!!!!!! It is so funny you mentioned your German Shepard, we were at a party last night, and my friend lost his german shepard about 3 months ago. He just got a new shepard puppy a couple of weeks ago, his is 9 weeks old. Kelly was playing with that puppy a lot last night, she loved it. His ears were giant, like 4 sizes too big for his head, I think he is going to be a big boy.

Seeing Gunner really makes me want to get one now . . . we shall see.

Travis

• Moderators

Travis,

There's another audio forum that posts whose birthday it is on their main page (they also send you a greeting). I saw yours, and couldn't resist letting others of the Kult of Klipsch know (I probably could have left off how MANY years, though).

PM

I forgot that the AK site does us the indignity of posting to the rest of the world that we are one year older. I did in fact get the greeting from them. Good eye PM, good eye.

Travis

Travis, I sometimes forget to go back to threads, it's hard to remember some days, but anyway, GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!, good job,you know one of those Cubans could probably be smoked, but you know what's best, ah damn, I just drowled on myself...........47 huh, that's all, wait 'till you hit mid 50's the drowl will start...............

• Moderators

Your eyes go at 40, your ears go at 50,,,At 60 your,,,,,,Oh never mind.

Lets see, I started using 1.0 power reading glasses about two years ago, have started to need a magnifying glass to read a couple of things during the year even with the reading glasses (of course I don't have one and can't find one). Been wearing glasses since I was 14, (was going to the Air Force until then). I got hearing aids this year, so I am 3 years early on that. Oh great, hope I am not early on anything else.

Travis

• Moderators

Travis, I sometimes forget to go back to threads, it's hard to remember some days, but anyway, GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!, good job,you know one of those Cubans could probably be smoked, but you know what's best, ah damn, I just drowled on myself...........47 huh, that's all, wait 'till you hit mid 50's the drowl will start...............

That's nothing, I forget that I even posted in a thread, get a mail notification that someone responded, and sure enough, there I was. Well when I am mid-50's at least I can be OB2.

Travis

That's nothing, I forget that I even posted in a thread, get a mail notification that someone responded, and sure enough, there I was. Well when I am mid-50's at least I can be OB2.

Travis

Aw Shucks Travis, I'm all choked up........Thanks !!!!!!!..............[:$]...Hey while I got you here, Did you do a Levon Helm Ramble ?

Congrats on the nonsmoking.

Two packs of Camel straights a day going on 30 years for me.

$74 a carton here in Chicago and soon to go up.

Holy crap, Pete! A $15/day habit!

I smoked for 7 years (14 - 21) and quit while stationed in Germany when it was $2.20/carton! I couldn't imagine paying these outlandish prices for cigarettes now... that's a good enough reason in itself to quit, but I know how difficult it is to do. It was the hardest thing I think I have ever overcome, and it's now been 27 years since I have had one. Hang in there...

Mike

Your eyes go at 40, your ears go at 50,,,At 60 your,,,,,,Oh never mind.

Lets see, I started using 1.0 power reading glasses about two years ago, have started to need a magnifying glass to read a couple of things during the year even with the reading glasses (of course I don't have one and can't find one). Been wearing glasses since I was 14, (was going to the Air Force until then). I got hearing aids this year, so I am 3 years early on that. Oh great, hope I am not early on anything else.

Travis

Happy Birthday Travis, this won't cheer you up but it will have you prepared[:|] I'll be 51 in OCt. and I'm now at 2.25 on those reading glasses[:(] If ones first to go I'll give up more to vision than hearing at this point in the game[:o]

• Moderators

Travis

Aw Shucks Travis, I'm all choked up........Thanks !!!!!!!..............[:$]...Hey while I got you here, Did you do a Levon Helm Ramble ?

Yes I have been up to Leon's place a few times. The last time was last fall. I really enjoyed your post about it awhile back. If anyone is ever in New York they need to try and check it out and fit it in their schedule. You never know who may show up and sit in on one of his deals.

Travis

Also a little late to the party (post vacation), so dropping in to say "Hope you had a happy one"[^].

I'm not sure if Travis was referring to me, but Travis and I do in fact share birthdays. Mine went OK enough, but the prior 2 weeks went better, as I saw the final seven String Cheese Incident concerts, as well as The Greyboy Allstars, Bassnectar (twice), Los Lobos, Yonder Mountain String Band, and a handful of others with my wife over our 10th anniversary. So I got lots of musical gifts prior to my birthday, which balanced well with a more quiet and relaxing birthday with a few friends here at home. A good month, to say the least......