Something comming from Hope

customsteve01

The sub looks great! Let us know how well it blends with your KG's. There's nothing worse than a heavy box sitting around the house just waiting to be opened!

Would you have been able to open the bottom of the box and then lift the box off the sub?

-David

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David,

The top and bottom were the same as they both had the 4 flaps folded over and taped down. The bottom also had stapples. I could have just cut the box down the sides but I didn't want to. For some reason I always save the boxes and packing at least for a while.

Mike,

I will try moving the mic, but don't I want the best I can get at the listening position? I was asking what to do to get it more of a flat line where I sit. I haven't tried moving the sub either, as far as closer of further away from the wall.

Steve

David,

The top and bottom were the same as they both had the 4 flaps folded over and taped down. The bottom also had stapples. I could have just cut the box down the sides but I didn't want to. For some reason I always save the boxes and packing at least for a while.

Whenever I have to remove anything heavy from a box, I open the flaps, fold one flap down against the side of the box, then gently tip the box onto that side. Then I tip the box onto its top and lift it off the contents. Much easier and safer than trying to lift a heavy smooth-sided object out of a deep box. And no damage to the box.

In the same way, when packing something heavy like a speaker, set it on the floor in the upside-down position with its packing materials in place around it and just slide the box onto it. Gently tip the box onto its side while you or your helper hold the contents so they don't slide out. Then tip it right side up, close the flaps and tape them up. Very easy and safe.

That's a good tip about the box lifing off the sub instead of the other way around.

Did you get choose the finish too?

That was how my REL Storm III sub was packed. When I opened the box, I noticed it was "upside-down". There was a flyer that explained to attach the carpet spikes to the bottom of the sub, then carefully lay the box on its side then stand it up and lift it off the sub. Considering the thing weighs something like 80 pounds, that was a nice touch in how they did that.

BTW, Steve

That cherry finish does look good in your room! Good choice on your part. I'll need to come down your way again sometime. I'd like to check it out myself as I've never really got to play with one of those things.

I will try moving the mic, but don't I want

the best I can get at the listening position? I was asking what to do

to get it more of a flat line where I sit. I haven't tried moving the

sub either, as far as closer of further away from the wall.

The reason for moving the mic around is to demonstrate that the dips

are related to the acoustics of the room. As such, EQ is not the

correct tool for fixing the problem. Klipsch knows this and that's why their algorithm isn't trying to boost those frequencies. I might also suggest that the

reasons for the dips are also the same reasons for the other peaks in

the response too - which means EQ probably isn't the best tool for

fixing those problems either.