Heresy Theft - Vancouver

Corvette6769

Reward for missing items: Abbotsford U-Haul Storage Theft

Reply to: mailto:sale-415707108@craigslist.org?subject=Reward%20for%20missing%20items:%20Abbotsford%20U-Haul%20Storage%20Theft
Date: 2007-09-06, 2:21PM PDT

Several antiques (Floor model gramophone from early 1900's, Werlitzer floor model radio from WWII, doctor's medicine cabinet) as well as some stereo equipment (Bryston 4B amplifier, Klipsch Heresy speakers), some hunting and fishing gear, some light furniture, and 15 years of Christmas memories were stolen form a locker at the Abbotsford U-Haul Storage facility between March and April of this year. I was not informed until this week when I called them to change payment options and I am hoping to recover the memories more than anything else. Any tips would be confidential.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 415707108

Corvette this is off topic but what is the deal with your signature and website. Are you being serious are do you really have 90 speakers in your house? You really use stuff like Kenwood amps and Teac?! equalizers with them? I'm so confused...you don't even have one piece of tube equipment?

I live very close to here and am on the constant lookout for Klipsch. I'll keep my eyes open for some hot Heresy's but given the theft has happened a few months ago, the Heresy's will probably be long gone. Too bad.

I would be pissed if the storage company didn't phone me after a theft. Makes me re-think some of my plans, I have to temporarily store some K-horns and Cornwalls for a while and was considering heated storage.

-PB

Corvette this is off topic but what is the deal with your signature and website. Are you being serious are do you really have 90 speakers in your house? You really use stuff like Kenwood amps and Teac?! equalizers with them? I'm so confused...you don't even have one piece of tube equipment?

Maybe he's gonna make another house out of Klipsch speakers?

This should answer the other questions:

" ~ IF IT'S TOO LOUD - YOU'RE TOO OLD ~ APPARENTLY MY NEIGHBORS ARE ALL TOO OLD ~ CRANKING THINGS UP TO A 141+ DECIBEL, WAKE-THE-DEAD, SHAKE-THE-LIVING, BIG BEAT BASS-BLASTING SOUND LEVEL THAT STEVEN TYLER AND ANGUS YOUNG WOULD APPROVE OF......"

stolen form a locker at the Abbotsford U-Haul Storage facility between
March and April of this year. I was not informed until this week when I
called them to change payment options and I am hoping to recover the
memories more than anything else. Any tips would be confidential.

Wow, four or five months after the break in, the guy finds out because he just happens to call the Uhaul place for payment arrangements. As much as Uhaul charges for storage, above market for convenience, IMO, you'd think they'd notify their customer of a theft. They obviously knew it and sat on the info.

I think Corvette may have more speakers than Klipsch themselves. If I became a millionare some how, it wouldnt be hard to start a Klipsch collection, as well as a few cars.

If his signature is for real, I will say nothing exept great job for doing so well in this day and age. Seems like everyday that goes by, something else has changed or is gone.

Regards jim

Wow, four or five months after the break in, the guy finds out because he just happens to call the Uhaul place for payment arrangements. As much as Uhaul charges for storage, above market for convenience, IMO, you'd think they'd notify their customer of a theft. They obviously knew it and sat on the info.

IMHO and my PETEO (professional - I do this for a living..., experienced, trained, educated opinion...) it's an inside job.[:@] Has to be. Absolutely No doubt in my puny little enfeebled brain.....

I'd be all over Vancouver PD about this. Find out how many others with costly items have been zapped at that warehouse....

Just my opinion.....

We had a bunch of units broken into at my storage place, including mine. I was called immediately.

Turns out some middle eastern fellows sell 'ghetto ware' (hip hop clothing and other fashionista accessories) out of their trunks and along the roadside and store their stock at the same place. The would--be thieves broke into over 50 units looking for that stuff. They never found it and they took nothing.

Yeah, U-Haul should have contacted the owner immediately.