others.

However, I would like to add my personal thanks
to Larry for his excellent work in organizing the affair, coordinating
everything and taking care that all the hot chicks at the dinner would
be in close proximity to me. I'd also like to thank Gary and Catherine
for opening up their lovely home not to mention that nice spread of
cracked lobster, kobe beef and of course, the '45 Chateau de Pope was
out of this world.

Speaking of Catherine I would be remiss if I did say that I very much enjoyed conversing with our poetess Janice and budding business-owner Caroline. My best wishes to both of you in your current endeavors.

The concert was superb, the opportunity to listen to world class
stereo systems was not to be missed, but most satisfying to me was the
distinct pleasure of spending time and talking to all the fine folks
who went out of their way to attend this event. Very enjoyable and a
lot of fun. My special thanks my weekend roomies the Mike's and our Sunday morning listening buddy, Travis not to mention TC for opening up his playland for Mike and I on Sunday afternoon.

Dhar I'd be happy to come by almost any old time. You're a great guy I'd love to get to know better although I am somewhat disappointed that your girlfriend (Sohpia?) spent more time looking at you than at me.[:D]

It was a great time with memories that will keep me warm in the coming winter months.

Hey Colter,

Check out my set up right now

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x205/dkalsi/

all speakers no components.

Someone is begging me to sell the Decorator cornwalls (new Bob C. woofer and upgraded caps). I think I should - i need to invest more in componenets. I still can't believe what I was hearing at Gary's

Oh Dhar, man you are way too modest- that's a beautiful rig and those subs are just SICK!

Decorators- me wants.....

Nice setup man, seriously.

M

Ditto on those decorators Dhar. Un-friggin-believable!! Like in "Field Of Dreams" - DO NOT SELL THIS FARM!!! - not cheaply anyway!! The price you quoted was way too cheap my friend. People will come. They won't know why but they will come to Silver Spring, Maryland to see Dhar's decorators. You'll tell them, "It's only $20 to see them." They'll hand over the money, no questions asked.

Thanks for the kind words guys -

The decoraters definitely look better in person - the subs below them - not so great - that was a very quick project. Although those subs below the cornwall look evil - they are not - I keep them just to give me that mid-bass thump that I enjoy. I have them crossedover between 35hz-100hz - and for mid-bass purpose they are perfect - just want i needed.

The two sonosubs - now those are EVIL - both powerd with 1,100 watts (but capable of only 800 watts RMS). - both tuned to 14hz - and I can make anything in the house that is not nailed down move - and if it is nailed down - i bet it could pop the nail a little.

You have to experience the sonos guys - lets plan on getting together sometime soon.

Dhar

We may be neophytes to your Symphony Larry, but we longhairs know how to enjoy a great show and to express our appreciation.

There was probably 1000 concert experiences seated with you last night.

First a correction about my name. It is Steven KONOPA! There is no 'S' in my last name. My userid is simply my first initial and last name (yeah, real original, but hey...)

But about the concert experience - yeah, tell me about it, considering that just a couple weeks prior, I got back from Atlanta from 3 days of some serious heavy metal partying and just that Monday, I saw Nightwish at Jaxx. In fact, if I was not at this thing, I would've been at Jaxx to see After Forever (currently listening to their brand-new album as I am typing this! I actually want to watch the Colts vs Jaguars football game, but it seems my brand-new DirecTV HD DVR decided it needed to act up and just don't feel like screwing with it right now)

However, it is only fairly recently (since around 50 years or so ago) that going to the symphony was such a high-brow type of endeavor. Keep in mind, that at the time much of that music was written, if anybody wanted to hear music, they pretty much had to go to a symphony performance. From what I understand, it was not much different than like to going to a typical rock concert now-a-days, with people cheering and clapping after every solo/movement, etc as well as rowdiness, drinking, and so forth. From what I've also understand, holding the applause between movements is not necessarily "proper". Why they do these days, I don't know. I was tempted to give a good round of applause myself after hearing that performance of "Mars : The Bringer of War" myself.

If anybody is doing any more get-togthers, let me know. I am only about an hour or so away. If anybody is willing to trek down this way, I'll be more than happy to let give a demo of my RF-7./B&K setup, May not be tubes and heritage speakers, but it still kicks some serious butt, though! Unfortunately, currently I don't have any vinyl in my setup, though.

Just to Add - I am with Mike L. All my classical is pretty much the big epic, big orchestra type kind. But then thrown in some heavy metal to really mix it up, ala Nightwish, After Forever, and such, and now, you're talking! [6][8]

Steve, still too early for 2008 schedule and MECA @ Hooter's, Fredericksburg, but IF they have some scheduled events, I will be sure to contact you and maybe we can set some time aside. (assuming you are in town)

Good to see you again.

Mark

No doubt! Let me know as I'd like to get a chance to hang out. Hell, may even try entering my car stereo and see what happens. [;)]

I'll have to let you listen to my own setup here at the house!

Was good to see you again (and at least this time, it was a bit warming - gawd how friggan cold and blustery that day was when you were here!)

I would likr to thank Larry and Gary for putting together another fine fun day. I know you guys will say it was no big deal but it was great for yall to open up your houses for the group again this year.

Larry you picked a great show to go see, but I was beginning to wonder after the first act with the piano. I would call that part a sleeper[|-)]

But the planets proved to be a real eye opener, [Y] it was really great.

Caroline wanted me to thank you for going over the score with us, she really enjoyed that.

It was good to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Here's to looking forward for the next one[D]

Steve

• Moderators

Things got pretty dicey for moment when Marty (thebes) told Gary that his turntable needed adjusting and he wanted to fix it. Gary immediately began to take up the crane position he learned from watching the Karate Kid 75 times (if don wite, no can defend it). Mike Lindsay was ready to jump in between them as I moved for safer ground in order to be able to capture the moment for our Forum friends. Actually Gary is giving Marty driving directions which Marty ignored anyway.

post-15134-13819349192458_thumb.jpg