JamFest JubeFest LaScalaFest in TN??

Coytee

I'm In.

I suggest late May so it won't conflict with the annual pilgrimage and before the weather gets too hot.

Check with some local construction buddies on borrowing a TripLite converter that you can hook a series of car batteries to. More batteries, more life.

We'll also needs a few other items:

One, no make that two, kegs of Wurtzburger Weissbier flown in from Germany

Two, no make that four, cases of a fine oaky chardonnay from the California contingent, and a case of decent Bordeaux

One 300 lb pig

One, no make that two, cords of wood

6 briskets

8, no make that 16 dozen eggs

One, no make that two sides of bacon

50 gallons of baked beans

30 loaves of mixed Italian and sourdough bread

3 gallons homemade barbeque sauce

10 cases bottled water

3 cases of coca cola

40 rolls of paper towels and 40 rolls of toilet paper

Two, no make that four Johnny on the Spot's

One really long water hose with shower head and blue tarp to wrap around a tree

300 hamburgers and 200 hotdogs

Ketchup, mustard, salsa, salt and pepper by the gallon

80 large contractor bags

One case bug spray

15 Coleman Lanterns

An even dozen picnic tables

3, no make that 4 local bands

6 fire extinguishers

One, one acre cleared and lighted area for medical helicopter dustoff

One, one acre camping area

50 lbs salad

4 dozen pies, apple, cherry, mince and banana cream, ok it's the South so one dozen rubarbs

This all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll consult the "Thebes Throws a Party" manual and get back to you on the rest.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I'm In.

I suggest late May so it won't conflict with the annual pilgrimage and before the weather gets too hot.

Check with some local construction buddies on borrowing a TripLite converter that you can hook a series of car batteries to. More batteries, more life.

Two, no make that four, cases of a fine oaky chardonnay from the California contingent, and a case of decent Bordeaux

One 300 lb pig

6 briskets

10 cases bottled water

3 cases of coca cola

80 large contractor bags

One case bug spray

15 Coleman Lanterns

6 fire extinguishers

50 lbs salad

4 dozen pies, apple, cherry, mince and banana cream, ok it's the South so one dozen rubarbs

This all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll consult the "Thebes Throws a Party" manual and get back to you on the rest.

Marty,

I am so glad to see your organazational skills and food tastes have improved since your visit to Woodstock.

Travis

Please add

One 10 pound bowl of M&M's with all the brown ones removed [:o]

Ya know Colter... you just brought back a nice memory of an old neighbor of mine.

I use to live in a duplex in a college town (Maryville). The lady next to me was a retired teacher and was the first resident of this building that was built something like 1945. She married and a year later, her husband died. She lived here her entire life after that.

Knowing how transient college neighborhoods might be, I told my wife that we weren't moving until Lois passed away as I didn't want her to have some yahoo punks living next to her when I was more than willing to stay there and in a sense... look out for her.

OK... brings me to the memory...

She was in her 80's and just sweet as the dickens. She knew just about everyone in town as she was a teacher and lived there her whole life.

Seems... her minister (amongs others at times) would come by her place on a regular basis. IN the last couple years of her life, she didn't get out anymore so they came to her.

None the less... her minsiter was yacking with her, saw a bowl of peanuts and had a couple. He had another handful. By the time he finished visiting her, seems he'd eaten the entire bowl of peanuts.

He realized what he had done and was embarrased that he'd eaten all of her peanuts.

"Oh... Lois, look what I've done...I've eaten your entire bowl of peanuts.... I feel bad, but don't worry... I'll buy you some more"

To which she responded...

"(laughing) Oh, Pastor, don't worry about that... I've already sucked all the chocolate off them.."

[:|] [+o(]

• Moderators

Please add

One 10 pound bowl of M&M's with all the brown ones removed [:o]

Ya know Colter... you just brought back a nice memory of an old neighbor of mine.

I use to live in a duplex in a college town (Maryville). The lady next to me was a retired teacher and was the first resident of this building that was built something like 1945. She married and a year later, her husband died. She lived here her entire life after that.

Knowing how transient college neighborhoods might be, I told my wife that we weren't moving until Lois passed away as I didn't want her to have some yahoo punks living next to her when I was more than willing to stay there and in a sense... look out for her.

OK... brings me to the memory...

She was in her 80's and just sweet as the dickens. She knew just about everyone in town as she was a teacher and lived there her whole life.

Seems... her minister (amongs others at times) would come by her place on a regular basis. IN the last couple years of her life, she didn't get out anymore so they came to her.

None the less... her minsiter was yacking with her, saw a bowl of peanuts and had a couple. He had another handful. By the time he finished visiting her, seems he'd eaten the entire bowl of peanuts.

He realized what he had done and was embarrased that he'd eaten all of her peanuts.

"Oh... Lois, look what I've done...I've eaten your entire bowl of peanuts.... I feel bad, but don't worry... I'll buy you some more"

To which she responded...

"(laughing) Oh, Pastor, don't worry about that... I've already sucked all the chocolate off them.."

[:|] [+o(]

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

WAY, WAY, WAY, WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION

I'm In.

One 300 lb pig

6 briskets

10 cases bottled water

3 cases of coca cola

80 large contractor bags

One case bug spray

15 Coleman Lanterns

6 fire extinguishers

50 lbs salad

Marty,

I am so glad to see your organazational skills and food tastes have improved since your visit to Woodstock.

Travis

LOL! Yup, going to Woodstock with two buddies and maybe a half a case of beer and nothing else was not the smartest idea. Got pretty hungry towards the end.

My suggestions are ordered pretty much on what a friend of mine does every two years when he throws a big pig roast. He also throws in hayrides and pony rides for the kids.

Hey why don't we call it Klipscstock!

• Moderators

With all that food on Thebes list more paper towels and toilet paper may be needed, as well as a Pot of Gold or two, better known as Porta-John! Oh, that's what "Johnny on the Spot" is!!!!!

Thebes, we may need to add some plates, cups, forks, knives, spoons, etc, unless we do it "cave man style". In that case..... "cave man style" would save on the "Porta-Johns", paper towels and toilet paper....we could just use leaves![:S]

your not going to be able to do much with a 600 watt dc to ac inverter.  You need three times the VA rating of the devices.  So if your amp draws 1100 watts max, you will need a 3000 watt DC to AC inverter.  There are two types, appliance grade and computer grade.  Difference is the quality of the sine wave.

don't forget to run some copper ground rods 6+ feet deep, depending on your local code. 

I have a 8000 watt generator you can borrow.....but it's here in NYC.

Well, Ribfest is over and I have more info for ya'll. Though my info may be overkill I'm sure you guys can gleen what ya need from it... Check out this website :

http://goldcoasthilift.com/equipment_pdf_library/MQ_Power_Brochure_for_UltraSilent_Generators.pdfThe Production company had 2 of the model DCA 15055VU models on site in case of lost power. I was also told to tell you that the Stage Operations manager, Rick Baynard, would be happy to talk to you about what would be needed. He has property/acreage for sale in Tennessee and is up there regularly. Contact him 800-660-8770 or cell# 813-363-6311. He may even be able to attend and was interested. Thats all I can get for you, I hope that when the mtg. biz. turns around I can sell my boat and get a set of K-Horns and be a "real member" ... Keeping that "PositivAttitude" Paul

Thanks for the fix. How do ya work a computer???

The diesel generator was very quiet. About as loud as a Honda Gold wing motorcycle (not a Harley!) Very quiet for something that big. I do not believe, if it was placed 200' away, you would hear it. Now that was the big unit too. Smaller is probably quieter. Remember these were running alot of amplifier power and would be mega overkill for Klipschtock !!

and would be mega overkill for Klipschtock !!

I'm glad you said that because my mouth just about dropped when I saw a picture of it![:o]
You're right....it'd probably kill the generator.

We need something bigger...suppose 2,078,800,000 Watts would be enough?

hvrgen4.jpg