joem

I would certainly give these a listen if I were nearby. This is an early vintage of Cornwall before it had completely finished morphing from the Shorthorn, per the full-length vertical loading slot in the rear instead of front ports from later on (there was a thread about this a few years ago). FWIW, it has the vintage grill cloth and a clear plexiglass badge of the kind that Klipsch used at about that time.

Mostly, though, they both appear to have the great EV 15WK woofers, although one doesn't have the typical bronze pot or bow-tie. I wonder what the badge on the pot says. It's hard to tell, but both mid horns appear to be the same, and the tweeters look typical. OTOH, I'd have expected bronze pots for the tweets, and a more vintage SAHF mid driver pair. The mid horns look slightly ersatz to me compared with the old K-1000's, but I'm not sure. The woofers are mostly what make this intriguing IMO.

Thanks Bob, for the link to that earlier thread! At the time, I missed the thread, missed the earlier auction, and missed Frzninvt's references to my fetish for old Cornwalls (thanks Charles!) Sorry everybody, I've obviously been working too much!

Aside from the hyperbolic, multi-color auction description these do look pretty cool. I'm a sucker for EV woofers. One drawback is that the cabinets are not mirror image--this happens sometimes when you put together two single speakers to make a pair. Even so, those rear-ported cabinets are really rare. I wonder if Khorn57 has seen this thread and auction?

triceratops