After 2 years...I'm back!

mcp

I used to spend a lot of time lurking on this forum until I sold my Fortes about 2 years ago. Well, this morning, luck was shining on me and I found a pair of birch Heresy IIs locally for $150. I replaced my vintage Rectilinear IIIs with the Heresys and I'm smitten again. I'm amazed at how great the bass is..not the freight train bass of the RIII's, but tight and surprisingly deep; almost a better match for my smallish 17 X 13 living room. The receiver (Yamaha CR-1040) was a better match for the RIIIs. I am now on the hunt for a quiet tubed vintage receiver or integrated. any suggestions?

Well, this morning, luck was shining on me and I found a pair of birch Heresy IIs locally for $150. I replaced my vintage Rectilinear IIIs with the Heresys and I'm smitten again. I'm amazed at how great the bass is..not the freight train bass of the RIII's, but tight and surprisingly deep; almost a better match for my smallish 17 X 13 living room. The receiver (Yamaha CR-1040) was a better match for the RIIIs. I am now on the hunt for a quiet tubed vintage receiver or integrated. any suggestions?

Welcome back, indeed. And the HIIs? [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] I think the tonal balance on the HIIs is superb, and the bass on mine is not lacking at all.

I have separates, but a lot of folks here really are big on the Scott integrateds the 299 series for instance. Very nice hardware and not too expensive when they can be had. What kind of budget are you thinking? You could try SS with a vintage H/K 430 receiver. Those can be had pretty cheap and the sound is good. Not exceptional, but really good. That's why I have two, one of which is hooked up to my HIIS.

Syracuse, what happened to the Orangemen Football ? Try Craigslist Syracuse, there is alot of audio gear on there, mostly one person reselling .... I like my Scott 299-D bigtime with Heresy II's, and I use a sub, No lack of Bass here ........... Rectilinear,old Layfette Electronics speakers .... not many use those anymore ...............

Mark, I live in Cicero. Old buckster, SU football is circling the drain. Too bad, too. I gave up my seasons tix after 12 years...it used to be fun. I always liked this forum. It's a great resource for Klipsch users.

I think the only time I find the Heresy lacking in bass is when I hear somethig else...by that, I mean...when I listen they sound just fine...Tubes preferred but nice SS is just as well...until I listen to the Quartets or Klipschorns...THEN I notice the Heresys may be lacking...all around a great speaker and as said of them to PWK...Heresy!

Bill

I replaced my vintage Rectilinear IIIs with the Heresys and I'm smitten again. I'm amazed at how great the bass is..not the freight train bass of the RIII's, but tight and surprisingly deep; almost a better match for my smallish 17 X 13 living room. The receiver (Yamaha CR-1040) was a better match for the RIIIs. I am now on the hunt for a quiet tubed vintage receiver or integrated. any suggestions?

Welcome back! I take a break from time to time myself...though not THAT long. You did not ditch the Rectilinearss did you? A pair of those served me from 1973 until about 2000. I am sorry I let them go. As you eluded, not exactly efficient, but marvelous for their size and price on pipe organ or anything with enough watts behind it. Of course the 5 way, low efficiency, ducted port design was pretty much diametrically opposed to PWK, but still pleaseing. I drove mine with a Luxman purchased at the same time for almost the entire period.

Dave