My wife says last night - "I'm surprised you haven't got new speakers yet"..............................

Cut-Throat

We were listening to a music DVD and had another couple over and my wife says to the other couple "I'm really surprised he hasn't got new speakers yet - I figured these would be gone in about 6 months, like the others" grin.gif?t=1198710798 - I have had these for close to 3 years now.

I told her that there was not much out there to upgrade to. Maybe I should go listen to some Edgarhorns soon. grin.gif?t=1198710798

Seriously these Altec Mid-Range Drivers coupled with the Khorn Bass Bins have satisfied me like no other speakers I've ever heard.

Cut-Throat,

The ultimate upgrade for your K-horn bass bin will be to replace the Altecs with a pair of 402/K-69's. They are, by far, the best horn I have ever heard, including the Altecs, of course, imho. Add a pair of Crown XTi's to the mix for the proper EQ, crossover, and delay and you will be shocked at the improvement. I continue to marvel at these incredible horns.

Cut-Throat,

The ultimate upgrade for you K-horn bass bin will be to replace the Altecs with a pair of 402/K-69's. They are, by far, the best horn I have ever heard, including the Altecs, of course, imho. Add a pair of Crown XTi's to the mix for the proper EQ, crossover, and delay and you will be shocked at the improvement. I continue to marvel at these incredible horns.

Diana Krall already sounds like she is in my Living Room, anything more would be a little too Hi-Fi.

Diana Krall already sounds like she is in my Living Room, anything more would be a little too Hi-Fi.

I was thinking if it got any better that your wife would think you were running around on her.

I've had a SS amp on the back side of the BBX for the past few weeks... the sound is very, very good, and I sure don't have to worry if I leave it on. But the Moondogs are still it for me, even if the bass isn't quite as tight when I crank it up.

We were listening to a music DVD and had another couple over and my wife says to the other couple "I'm really surprised he hasn't got new speakers yet - I figured these would be gone in about 6 months, like the others" grin.gif?t=1198710798 - I have had these for close to 3 years now.

So WHO said that men fear commitment? Altec horn's midrange (especially on vocals) is legendary. And when those vocals are Krall's, well,...

The ultimate upgrade for your K-horn bass bin will be to replace the Altecs with a pair of 402/K-69's

Do those really dig down deep enough to blend well with the Khorn bass bin? I thought the LaScala & Belle bass bins were better matches since they went higher?

(he's right though, the K-402 is the cats meow if you can utilize it)

the sound is very, very good, and I sure don't have to worry if I leave
it on. But the Moondogs are still it for me, even if the bass isn't
quite as tight when I crank it up.

=========

Which SS amp? Did something go awry with the 'doggies?

Mark,

Nothing wrong with the doggies at all. Once I realized I could use another piece of my SS gear as a buffer/impedance matching device, I rolled in the Alesis amp for a while. I don't have a problem leaving the BBX turned on all day, or even forgetting to turn it off. The Moondogs I don't want to do that with. You just can't argue with SS for ease of use (Although, to be fair, I have never had a problem with any of my tube gear either).

Are you sure you wouldn't like to go completely the opposite direction from what you've been happy with for three years? C'mon man, big Crown, DSP... it's the thing to do!

LMAO!!! That's what kills me around here a certain bunch of folks are constantly changing gear, speakers and so on I call this bunch the "thrill seekers". Then we have the other side of the spectrum.... the folks that have used the same basic package that took years to iron out and now just plain sit back enjoy the music....... I call this group "content happy listeners" I for one am sure glad I'm in the later group.. The only hard part of being a "content happy listener" is sitting back and reading the BS that spews out of some of the "thrill seekers" keyboards....