Just Got a New PE Catalog

BEC

If you are all basing those comments on the curved side walls of the enclosure, I think you all miss the mark. Other companies in the past have utilized the same basic (and I DO mean basic) design for their cabinets. I think the JBL K2 is one, and I know I have seen others. Some have been around for quite some time.

Bruce

It's all the rage. If you ain't curved, u r just square, dude! Polk's new RTi line has curved sidewalls. My a/d/s/ HT series speakers do too, and they were introduced in '04!! B&W and KEF have many curved panel speakers. Mirage, PSB and others too. I'd be really surprised if the next generation of Klipsch Reference isn't curvey.

So how do you connect up a stack of speakers like that?

Easy.........

Every other speaker in the stack is bi-polarity cross channel fed to its opposite mirror-imaged twin in the other stack. Then, by process of elimination, the top speaker in each stack is semi-hardwired to the 'B' channel of the amp. Lastly.....and pay close attention 'cause this is were folks tend to really eff-up.....you must, and I repeat MUST apply a homogeneous strip of duct tape precisely 2.437 inches wide running continuously from the top speaker in the stack all the way down each speaker in the stack and terminating at the mid-point of the bricks.

And there ya go..........

SOUND LIKE YOU NEVER HEARD BEFORE!!!

Tom