Which guitar finish?

ben.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's not Polish, but I did have pigs in a blanket the first night I broke it in...

I ended up liking the black covers - they jive really well with the swamp ash grain. It would look even better with the rosewood board, but I'm a maple guy for tone on a strat. It sounds crazy through my Vox Pacemaker with a Weber speaker, and I just added a little red wine leatherette 50's film projector cab loaded with a 1958 Jensen P12Q connected to the extension cab output. Crazy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thanks, Bruce. As soon as I played it (without even plugging in), I knew it was miles ahead of my old Mexi Strat. The one I ordered in (made in Indonesia) sounds and feels a little better than the Korean ones I played in the store. Not by much, but it's a little more harmonically rich. I can't put the thing down!!

Thanks. The neck is nicely finished. The frets are dressed well and it's got a nice smooth satin finish. G&L has them made in Cort's newest factory over there but they all get set up and checked over on Fender Ave before shipping. The swamp ash body makes it a bit heavy but it doesn't bother me - it's a heck of a lot lighter than either of my basses.