Favorite Klipsch Images

seti

Looks like 6550s to me...

They do look like 6550s but they are some rare Luxman tubes. Can't remember the number only they are harder than heck to find. Perhaps IBSlammin will chime in with a better pic of them.

Seti and "The Big Lug", IB Slow.

The MQ60's were sold as a kit so these are KMQ60's. Have had them for 3 or 4 years, but listened to them only a few times. They have a few bugs to be worked out, but I liked what I heard. I think Tony (way down south) has some experience with them, and encouraged me to get them up to spec when I bought them. They run NEC 50CA10 tubes, and I couldn't find NOS replacements, however I haven't looked for a while. I did find some Golden Lion's across the right pond a while back. They are set up for Japanese power, so I use a Veriac (sp?) to reduce US A/C power. Found an old guy in North Attelboro, Mass. to rebuild them. He worked at Luxman back in the day. If I spoke Japanese, bet I could find the NEC tubes all day and night.

Anyway, they are on my "to do/rebuild list, just not at the top.

tc

post-13095-13819359397072_thumb.jpg