Khorn corner sealing Again

rbakedq

I have read most of the post on corner sealing, and have tried using foam pipe insulation, but have not been able to get a tight seal. The problem is that, while I have good corners, I also have wainscoting that comes up the wall 30” and has irregular contours, with distances from the tail board to the wall varying from 1” to over 3”. After looking at the various options: false corners: PIA, cutting a new tailboard to contour the wainscoting: PIA, or trying multiple layers of foam carpet underlayment, my last thought was to do something similar to the old Khorn instructions that said to use a strip of rubber stair tread tacked along the tail board. However, instead of using stair tread, I was thinking of using say 12” or wider (this where I could use some guidance) strips of thick vinyl flooring in two or three layers. I would also then be able to seal the top hat with the foam pipe insulation that I have. Has anyone tried this and will it provide a good seal?

Thanks Rich.

Indyklipschfan took some Khorns and added backs to them, fully reversable as I recall. I'm not sure how to find that thread but we can get ahold of him if you're willing to try that angle. (others have made false corners but that whole ensemble becomes quite Jubiliciously large [*-)] )

Coytee: thank you.

I have been through that thread. I am trying to avoid a lot of wood work. What I am looking for is thoughts on the Stair tread Idea. What I am thinking is that if 6” rubber stair tread will work then, the vinyl flooring that I have should work and might be even better because I can make it wider and thicker by using multiple layers.

Rich

Indyklipschfan took some Khorns and added backs to them, fully reversable as I recall. I'm not sure how to find that thread but we can get ahold of him if you're willing to try that angle. (others have made false corners but that whole ensemble becomes quite Jubiliciously large Confused )

You just can not help yourself can you, always, always, always something about a jubilee. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jay

You just can not help yourself can you, always, always, always something about a jubilee. Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, ya know Jay, and this is the truth... I put that in there specifically for folks just like you lol. Seems you are super sensative. Yet again, you seem to ignore the GOOD ideas I gave him (though he didn't want to go that far) and only focus on the bait that was specifically intended for you, I'm glad you show your bias of ignoring any of my good comments.

Consider this... he has 3 whole posts. It's quite possible that HE would have ZERO idea of the inference of what I said and might just ignore it as a silly comment. Yet, out come the hit squad lol You go guy! [:D] I wonder who is now hovering about the forum, just waiting for opportunities to pounce, huh? [;)]

No I got it. I have been on this forum for a number of years after I got my Khorns. For some reason though I could not login under my old ID, so I gave up and created a new one. I was using 1.5" AC foam to seal the tail board, but felt that was not enough. I was hoping someone could give me some guidance regarding the vinyl flooring ala the stair tread method described in the old owner’s manual. However, I showed the wife the problem, and see came up with the memory foam idea. It works very well. If I had to do it again though, I think I would just use two layers of memory foam stapled front and back. Rich

No I got it.  I have been on this forum for a number of years after I got my Khorns.  For some reason though I could not login under my old ID, so I gave up and created a new one.   I was using 1.5" AC foam to seal the tail board, but felt that was not enough.  I was hoping someone could give me some guidance regarding the vinyl flooring ala the stair tread method described in the old owners manual.  However, I showed the wife the problem, and see came up with the memory foam idea.  It works very well.  If I had to do it again though, I think I would just use two layers of memory foam stapled front and back.  Rich

Oh yeah, I forgot about memory foam.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/83016.aspx?PageIndex=8

If I could comment on the above link I would. I am still very happy with the results. And I feel ANYONE could get those same results as well.

If your at 18- 24 feet wide between speakers and have nothing on that wall between them... Have perfect corners that seal to your K horns made out of RIGID material..(not drywall) perhaps you do not need any advice or help, you have the perfect room.. (Assuming is it deep too.. not too low ceilings some room treatment blah blah blah....)

The truth is, I copied Paul W Klipsch's mod from several years ago on the K horns.. Klipsch re introduced it on the 60th ones...I was so impressed by what I thought I heard I wanted to try it on my own.. I did.. Still happy!

Sealing them in, is an art.. In a perfect room/ world.. it is pretty amazing when you get it right..