A Gentleman Indeed!!

shinerman

I would like to take this time to publicly THANK Cask05 (Chris) for the opportunity to listen to his mighty Jubs. This man is a gentleman indeed!!! He invited a stranger into his home and gave me the run of his system, auditioning music that I had brought to listen on these wonderful speakers. Thanks once again for the opportunity and a fantstic evening of listening............... I could have stayed all night!! Once I get home, I'll be contacting Roy to get the ball rolling, can't wait to have a pair of these fantastic soundin critters in my listening room!!

Once again,Chris thanks for your time and hospitality (a gentleman indeed).I really needed that shot in the arm and nows the time for the full cure!!!!!!!

Shinerman (Wayne)

1. Good job keeping this under the radar (subtle subject title)... seems when we put "Jubilee" in the title it brings all the heard-nots out of the woodwork

2. This is bad...this is bad...this is bad.... the state of Texas is getting a jump start lead over the other states... cheaters!!!

Ahhhh, what the heck... they're awesome aren't they??!! I just had someone over again tonight to hear them (his 3rd time).

So, question... are you going to get the Xti's, passives or Dx38 and your own flavor of amps?

[Y]

• Moderators

That was a nice thing to do for a stranger, but one thing about the Klipschorn Jubilee is when you hear it you want others to have the same experience, it's that good.

Congratulations to both of you on your choices, but you know how well you did, you hear it every day !

I would like to take this time to publicly THANK Cask05 (Chris) for the opportunity to listen to his mighty Jubs...

Shinerman (Wayne)

Wayne, you're very welcome and thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed meeting you and your friends. When you're through D/FW in the future, drop in.

I hope your Jub experience is as satisfying for you as it's been for me. Enjoy.

Travis,

I plan on keeping the Khorns for now, at least thats the plan. Some of the music I listened too consisted of;

The Screemin' Cheetah Wheelies, Dave Brubeck Quartet, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Michael Hedges, Chris Duarte, Little Feat, Kelly Willis and Donald Fagen.

Coyote,

Still in the decision process on this but, I do want to continue using my mc275 so i guess i'm kinda driften toward the Ev d38. Any thoughts on going this direction would be helpful. Any thoughts on all of the options would be very helpful right now. (Pros/Cons on passive vs active) I understand that several people are running passives.

I do want to continue using my mc275 so i guess i'm kinda driften toward the Ev d38. Any thoughts on going this direction would be helpful.

Seems pretty cut & dried to me... if you want to use something other than the Xti amps, you're pretty well committed to either something like the Dx or passives (only Rigma as far as I know runs passives, everyone else is using active)

I've seen the Dx on ebay before for about $600 or maybe $700 (compared to about 1,300 new)

The reason I went specifically with the Dx is that is what Roy used and I knew if I ever had any issues with it I could get the answer from him whereas if I used a different one, he might not be able to help

Also, since the units are the same, anyone can simply email you the data for it and if you have a serial cable, you can simply upload it and not have to dial it in manually.

As best i know, the reason to go active over passive is you get the additional benefit of time delay. You will still have the ability to swap out any amps you want on the fly. By going active you can have solid state on bottom, tube on top, or mix/match both (maybe someone sees that as a negative, I see it as a positive)

I just wanted to reaffirm my offer to audition Jubilees in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. If you are interested, just PM me to set up a date/time.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...