Do you buy used or new cars?

Macho Nacho

The C-6 base suspension has a good balance between handling and comfort in my experiance. I mean I never drive it on dirt roads and the local roads aren't super rutted so that could be a big part of it. But I took a 7 day road trip in her this past summer driving from Philly to Cincinnatti,to Bowling Green to Nashville, to Memphis, to Staunton then back home and we were both comfortable. I will say as those run flats start putting on miles, tire noise becomes more pronounced.

post-16829-13819361200464_thumb.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People must drive A Ford ............... that means a car we can AFFORD, period !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..... Hey Bart, I bet you got decent gas mileage too, not the old Corvettes 8 to 14 miles per gallon !!!!!!!!!

OB, really if you drive it like a regular car, she is pretty good on fuel. In full auto mode, the RPMs usually never get above 1000 rpms. Cruising at 90 mph in 6th you are just under 2000 rpms. On the highway you are looking at 30 mpg, which is better than my 2001 Maxima. If you lay on it, expect 6 to 8 MPG under full throttle but you will also have a smile across your face and your heart will be racing. I agree, I have paid cash for the past 3 cars I have owned, no point in paying interest on a depreciating asset if you don't need to.

People must drive A Ford ............... that means a car we can AFFORD, period !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, oldbuckster: Here's your car: The cheapest US Made car in North America:

- Click on the image to read the text clearly -

post-10177-13819361202194_thumb.jpg

The C-6 base suspension has a good balance between handling and comfort in my experiance. I mean I never drive it on dirt roads and the local roads aren't super rutted so that could be a big part of it. But I took a 7 day road trip in her this past summer driving from Philly to Cincinnatti,to Bowling Green to Nashville, to Memphis, to Staunton then back home and we were both comfortable.

Top notch! Nice car, jb! Smart way to buy it, too.

The Bible recommends driving Honda's.

"They continued daily in one Accord to the temple" -Acts 2:46

The Bible also recommends that we sing in our Honda's.

"They lifted up their voices to God in one Accord" -Acts 4:24

The Bible also recommends Guiness, as in "Those who ain't with us is a Guiness!". Maybe that's the hillbilly Bible...

The Bible recommends driving Honda's.

"They continued daily in one Accord to the temple"  -Acts 2:46 

The Bible also recommends that we sing in our Honda's.

"They lifted up their voices to God in one Accord"  -Acts 4:24

Big Smile  Wade

And when you pull up next to the Honda in your American 60's muscle car, what do you do?

"So persecute them with thy tempest,

and make them afraid..."

American car makers are closing the quality gap between the Japanese auto makers (of course tell that to the buyers of couple of really bad american models over the past few years), unfortunalty for Detriot, the Korean Auto maker are starting to match the Japanese. Some Eurpopean makers seem immune to "percieved: quality issues due to "style" , "performance" & "history". Of the American brands, Cadillac is doing its best to match that. Still I love the Corvette, cheeze and all.

Many replies already. I have no problem buying used as long as I can get service records. I do prefer foreign over domestic vehicles. They just seem to hold up better and hold their value better. I will shop a car like mad and have travelled to purchase them and have had them shipped cross country.