I'm looking for someone in Texas who has a Tube amp I can listen to my speakers on.

bigdaddy

I have some really ugly looking KG-4s I bought the other day for 100 bucks. They really surprised me with their sound. So now I want to hear what tubes will do to them. I am in Arlington and would certainly appreciate it if someone would let me bring these over and listen to them. I make fantastic barbq and would be willing to cook a meal for it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris (Cask05) lives in Arlington. I'd bet he'd take care of you however, I don't know if he has tubes. I know he has some interesting stuff... I'd give him a whirl and see if you can branch out from there (presuming he can't help you)

Ahh, that faint orange glow and that familiar updraft of hot air rising on a hot August night....

Well, believe it or not, I think that Mr. Carlton's link is your best bet, because the tube meme hasn't infected me yet (and probably not anytime soon). However, if you want to hear some really killer blackies-in-the-corners, I''ve got a pair of Jubilees running on Crown XTi SS whizbangs.

(...bad Chris, bad Chris) You're welcome to come hear those... (...bad Chris, bad Chris).

Chris

P.S., You might be ruined for life...

I would love to hear those Jubilees.

You're not the only one. I've only heard them in mono!

Well, I think we can remedy that. Send a personal message (PM) my way - lets make some plans.

Chris

Try DFW_Hornheads...several of us have tube amps. I'm located in far North Dallas. I only have a McIntosh MC-275. It maybe a bit more upscale (pricey) than what you are interested in. You are welcome to try it out.

Rob,

...............I'm located in far North Dallas. .............

Would that location be in Highland Park? That place hides more Mac/Klipsch gear than any other place on the planet........., IMHO. ...........

tc

Try DFW_Hornheads...several of us have tube amps. I'm located in far North Dallas. I only have a McIntosh MC-275. It maybe a bit more upscale (pricey) than what you are interested in. You are welcome to try it out.

Rob,

...............I'm located in far North Dallas. .............

Would that location be in Highland Park? That place hides more Mac/Klipsch gear than any other place on the planet........., IMHO. ...........

tc

Nope...Dallas. Near Marsh Lane and George Bush.

Wish I knew about the DFW Hornheads back in '86 when I lived for a short time in Grand Prairie...but I didn't own tube gear back then, nor was I interested (and the Hornheads probably weren't together back then anyway...such is life).

Chris (Cask05) lives in Arlington. I'd bet he'd take care of you however, I don't know if he has tubes. I know he has some interesting stuff... I'd give him a whirl and see if you can branch out from there (presuming he can't help you)

Ahh, that faint orange glow and that familiar updraft of hot air rising on a hot August night....

Well, believe it or not, I think that Mr. Carlton's link is your best bet, because the tube meme hasn't infected me yet (and probably not anytime soon). However, if you want to hear some really killer blackies-in-the-corners, I''ve got a pair of Jubilees running on Crown XTi SS whizbangs.

(...bad Chris, bad Chris) You're welcome to come hear those... (...bad Chris, bad Chris).

Chris

P.S., You might be ruined for life...

I'm actually bunking in at my BIL's place in Mansfield, just down 360. I would LOVE to come by and hear some Jubilees!! I work in Carrollton and probably drive by Mr. Carlton's place 10X a week, so it would be nice to meet him too.

All my SET tube gear is back in Hilton Head with the family (and the Khorns, Cornwall II's, Belles, Heresies, Danley TOP, etc, but my wife isn't complaining) so it will be a few months before I can show up with some quality low power gear (no flames, please).

Chris, just shoot me an email on the private messages. It should make its way to my Treo and leave a number. I'll give you a call. This weekend is pretty clear, then I'm heading to the West Coast M-F and back next weekend.

Dang ... Jubilees [;)]

PS: I have 2 pairs of KG4's and they sound great with tubes ... or even better, try a Sonic Impact for $30 ... They'll impress you.