Your Bassness

JoeMKII

Hi Folks,hope its ok to start a topic like this.

Gotta admit I get in these moods for good,tight,chest pounding bass!Thing is,of all my albums I've got but a handfull of really good ones.If you guys wouldn't mind I'd appreciate if you could mention one or two of your favs.Heres a few that work for me,Bela Fleck-Flight of the Cosmic Hippo,Santana-Supernatural,Fourplay-Between the Sheets.[H]

Joni Mitchell's Shadows and Light contains the most musically virtuosic electric bass performance I can think of. There had and have been more complete technicians, but no one can duplicate Jaco Pastorius' unique voice.

In terms of production, there's lots...

Any Portishead (It Could be Sweet)
Most Bjork (All the Modern Things, most of Vespertine...)

Those examples spring to mind, anyhow....

Fantastic!TY All!,Man I need to get out from under my rock more,I don't have any of the albums you folks mentioned(awesome).Gonna take awhile but I'll end up with all these eventually.Can't wait to spin some of these,Thanks again people.

[:D][:D][:D]

I like Symphonic Star Trek on Telarc. It is a good demo for owners or guests who are not into classical music.

Just about everyone is somewhat familar with the musical pieces. There are also some very "fun" effects.

Gil

post-2552-13819366351632_thumb.jpg