Little Rock- you guys ok?

Hope all the guys in the Little Rock, Benton area check in. That one missed us at Russellville. Well, we are thinking of building an ark, but shittim wood is so expensive these days. Bob

That was a rough one guys. I've never seen so much lightening. The display was amazing. From my back porch we saw a 3 second lightening strike to the Stephens building. Some pics from the first cell taken from my back yard which is Downtown Little Rock. Some rotation was observed. It was really difficult to get good pics. It was really disturbing when the rain stop pouring and it went totally still.

Hope everyone made it ok as that was a rough storm.

http://picasaweb.google.com/iain42/NewAlbum44081012AM

IMG_0053.JPG.jpg

This one had to be enhanced and was fully extended seconds before pic was taken.

IMG_0084.JPG.jpg

IMG_0054.JPG.jpg

IMG_0069.JPG.jpg

WOW, that 'stopped blowing but sky is green' sure is scary. We get that in Indy sometimes.

Anyone check with Daddy Dee?

Haven't heard anything yet. I lost his cell number when my last phone died. He may not have power.

Thanks for thinking of us, guys. We missed the fireworks in central Arkansas and all told, most folks were fortunate. When I heard the news this morning, there was no reported loss of life. Have to be thankful about that.

Seti, great pics. I'm trying to imagine a three second lightning strike. Bet that seemed like forever. I'd think that would have to leave some damage.

One piece of video I saw was from the dash cam of a Bryant police car. Pretty dramatic footage of power transformers exploding and a dark debris cloud passing. A utility pole standing in the pic before the cloud was gone.

Thanks for thinking of us, guys. We missed the fireworks in central Arkansas and all told, most folks were fortunate. When I heard the news this morning, there was no reported loss of life. Have to be thankful about that.

Seti, great pics. I'm trying to imagine a three second lightning strike. Bet that seemed like forever. I'd think that would have to leave some damage.

One piece of video I saw was from the dash cam of a Bryant police car. Pretty dramatic footage of power transformers exploding and a dark debris cloud passing. A utility pole standing in the pic before the cloud was gone.

The video from the cam in the car was wild.

The lightening strike seemed to last longer than normal not sure why. It struck and hung there for what seemed like 3 seconds but was probably less. We can see the Downtown skyline from my back porch.

Glad the damage wasn't worse.

I live about a mile away from where it all went down. It looks like a war zone, the pictures don't do a good job of conveying the destruction. The trailer park looks as though somebody just put them all in a jar, shook it up, and dumped them out. On top of all that the area is having enough rain to hit the 100 year flood levels. Several houses in the neighborhood next to mine were flooded. When I came home from work today there were at least three houses with the carpets pulled and one with the doors pulled out. As for me and mine, by the grace of God it missed us completely. Thanks for the kind thoughts.