OT: Red Wings vs.

dkp

2 Out Of 3 Ain't Bad:

• Detroit Red Wings 4, Pittsburgh Penguins 0
  • Detroit Tigers 19 (yes, I said 19), Minnesota Twins 3
  • Detroit Pistons 80, Boston Celtics 94

and, all were player here at home. Traffic anyone?

Hats off to "Silent" Samuelsson (the man never seems to speak, LOL) last night for starting things off with 2 biscuits in the basket! Osgood was wonderful last night, but he wasn't challenged very much following Lidstrom's denied goal in the first (on Holmstrom's goaltender interference call) as the Pens only had 7 shots on goal to Detroit's 25 for the next 40 minutes. The Pens had been out-shooting the Wings 12-11 up to that point in the game. The Wings seemd fired up by the call and resultant penalty and began playing the game their way; domination by puck possession. Verna and I were watching the game "Michigan Style": At a friend's bonfire with two 35" TVs blazing away next to the fire. One had the Wings game, the other was switched between the Tigers and Pistons games. Now THAT'S how we watch sports in Michigan! Hats-off to Cleary and Zetterberg for their goals, too! WHAT A GAME! Detroit leads the series 1-0. -Glenn

post-10177-1381937427015_thumb.jpg

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I watched the fox coverage also. He had a right to be. That dumb line change and Fleurys bad pass. If they don't play better Monday it will be a short series. I still have faith because of the talent. Nice to see another pgb native on the forum.

Well, this is an Audio/Video forum, so just to keep this On Topic: LOL

Bonfire System: Bosch Model PB10-CD PowerBox ADVANCED Job Site AM/FM Radio/CD/Charger (3.5 watts per channel), Sirrius Satelitte Radio, RCA 35" CRT SDTV, Magnavox 35" CRT SDTV, 1 old door (birch) veneer, Comcast Cable and lots of extension cords.

post-10177-1381937429948_thumb.jpg

We eventually had 40 people there. It ran until about 12:30 am and the weather could not have been more perfect! That's our host standing in the middle, my best friend since we were three years old, Bill:

Flatrock, Michigan (locally known as "Level Pebble") LOL

post-10177-1381937430026_thumb.jpg

Around 4 pm yesterday, just as everyone began to arrive. The TVs hadn't been set up yet. We eventually had horse shoes, ladder ball and croquet games going. On the bank of the Huron River.....

post-10177-1381937432981_thumb.jpg

FWIW:

Detroit is known as "Hockey Town." Pittsburgh is not.

How many folks were watching the first game, in Detroit?

There were over 13,000 watching the game, on the Jumbotron, at the Igloo in Pittsburgh.

Bill: I haven't seen any figures from Versus Network about gametime viewership but I do know the Joe Louis Arena was a complete sellout (19,995). Suffice it to sat: A BUNCH! LOL -Glenn

Some of you might agree with me or this may upset some of you. Some of you may tell me it's all a part of the game of hockey and for me to "get over it". That's fine if you feel this way, but I respectfully disagree. I know the Wings won with another shut-out of the Penguins 3-0 and Detroit now leads the series 2-0. But, even though my team won, and I don't care who the victim is, when players get frustrated because they are losing miserably, I take exception to what I consider to be criminal behavior! The manner in which several Pittsburgh players were deliberately trying to re-injure Franzen by punching him in the side of the head, knowing full well that the man is recovering from concussion-like symptoms is unforgivable! In at least the first instance, which was probably the most violent of the attacks, Roberts blind-sided Franzen and there wasn't even a call! Any player that does something like this to deliberately inflict great personal injury on another player should be ejected from the game, fined and possibly suspended by the league. I consider their action criminal, in my opinion and that should not be a part of the game of hockey. If those players can't win a hockey game, or much less, score a point, without resorting to dirty play, then get the heck off the ice and let a bigger man give it a try. Needless to say our family was incensed last evening when we witnessed the numerous blows to Franzen's head. This is totally my own opinion. And then, as if that wasn't bad enough, they started in on Osgood, Detroit's goalie and then tried to act surprised that they drew a penalty for it. Some of the Penguins are beginning to wear out their welcome in Detroit with me as I consider a few of them pretty poor sports. -Glenn

PS: I see by an article this morning that both Roberts and Talbot received 10 minute, game misconducts last night. At least that's something. The Penguins drew 26 minutes of penalties in just 3 minutes of action near the end of the game.

Kid Rock celebrates a goal with Holmstrom from behind the glass at the Joe....

post-10177-1381937434965_thumb.jpg

Glenn, I agree with your assessment 100%. I too was disappointed in the Pens for the behavior they exhibited last night. I'm sure they are pretty disheartened by their failure to score a goal in the series but this is not the way to express that frustration. I would feel the same way if it had been the Wings resorting to that sort of beer-league tactics.

On another note: I have to give Osgood major kudos for his goaltending since taking over for Hasek. The guy has been nothing short of incredible. Sure, the Wings have had a few lucky breaks around the net but Osgood has also made some HUGE saves. Babcock made a great call in replacing Hasek with Osgood.

Glenn,

As a hockey fan I agree with you 100%. The Penguins have SO FAR proven that they don't belong on the same stage as the Mighty Red Wings. When Detroit retaliates on Wednesday night (and they will). I wonder how the ref's will call it? After watching Babcock's presser last night, I got the sense that he is a very angry hocky coach. He alluded to the fact that his club WILL play better and that they are a very good road team. If nothing else, I think the poor gamesmanship exhibited by Pittsburgh will manage to keep the Wings motivated and hopefully they will not get into the 2 game funk that they have been prone to this year.

GO WINGS!!!

I consider the Penguins to be a much better hockey team than they are exhibiting in this series with Detroit. They could not have gotten as far as they have this season if there were not. In being a much better hockey team that also means that they don't need to resort to the sorted, low-class mode of play several of their players exhibited in the third period last evening. I should hope their coach is furious with those players and instructs them to either play hard by the rules to win or don't dress at all. Period.

As for Babcock, I didn't have an opportunity to listen to his post-game news conference. I wish I had, but I get up at 5 am for work and I had to turn-in for the night. -Glenn

Glenn

I agree with you totally on the Roberts hit, pretty bush. The only complaint I have as a Pens fan is the charging by Kronwall. He seems to be leaving his skates on half of his hits. This can also injure. The Pens have been outplayed so far and if it doesn't change it will be a short series. Hope the wings don't have any false alarms in their hotel in Pittsburgh[:$]

Tom

Glenn

I agree with you totally on the Roberts hit, pretty bush. The only complaint I have as a Pens fan is the charging by Kronwall. He seems to be leaving his skates on half of his hits. This can also injure. The Pens have been outplayed so far and if it doesn't change it will be a short series. Hope the wings don't have any false alarms in their hotel in PittsburghEmbarrassed

Tom

Tom,

I only seen one Kronwall hit where he left his feet. I am in no way insinuating that there is only one hit where he left his feet but, I have only seen one. You are right, that type of hit should not be tolerated either.

Tom & Patrick: I must say I agree about Kronwell, but I have seen him appear to leave his feet at least on two occasions; Monday night and during the Dallas series. Agreed: There is no room for that style of play in this league. He needs to be more prudent in his checks and comply with the rules. -Glenn

Is Pittsburgh's confidence in their hockey team starting to wane? You be the judge. Check out these articles (how petty):

Yeah, like those counter-measures will work. LOL It's the Red Wings who have "Happy Feet"! or is that Happy "Feat"?

GO WINGS: One game at at time!

post-10177-1381937437057_thumb.jpg