Anyone order THE DOORS ltd. ed. Vinyl Box Set?

• Moderators

Anyone order the limited edition box set of The Doors? It is due out on 4/22, but the date has kept moving back for about a year now. The vinyl is supposedly all ready pressed at RTI, and is ready to be boxed or has already been boxed. The issue started off being a run of 2,500 I believe, then they said that was for US and because of demand they were doing going to do a world wide issue of 12,500, numbered, limited edition.

During the last couple of weeks the price has risen from 150.00 to between 180 and 200 per box at Acoustic Sounds, Elusive and Direct Music. The last time I checked today you could still get it on Amazon for 150.

Just wondered who else may have ordered this.

Travis

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at a recent Elusive Disc receipt, it still shows The Doors Box Set on preorder for $149.99. I suppose they are grandfathering us in at the original price even though we've yet to be billed.

Anyone want to buy my preorder for $19.99? That's a savings of $10.(wink)

So what do we get for our extra $8? Maybe a lower serial #???

I'm just glad they are finally going to ship the set. I hope it's all that it's cracked up to be. I'm holding off selling my originals and Japanese pressings until I hear these new LPs.

I just got an email from Amazon that mine were supposed to ship today but there is a problem... basically they don't have them yet.

So I guess for the extra $8 yours actually shipped on time. I'm thinking we might be in for a long wait. [:D]

Let me know what you think of these, Gary.

Mike

WOW!

I first played side one of Strange Days because it's the worst of all the original pressings (IMO). Never had any bass to speak of and always sounded thin to my ears. Now, still no bass and it sounded like the speed was a bit fast on Love Me 2 Times. The difference is that there is now way more detail. It's not an LP you'd use to show off your system but it's fun to play and hear all the new stuff.

On to side two (edit: I meant side one!) of Morrison Hotel. This is one I know VERY well and the original red label is spectacular. This version just leaves my NM original in the dust. It is AWESOME!! The bass lovers will just love this pressing and all that new detail is there too. After hearing that side, I'm pretty sure the rest will be great. I hope to play at least one side of each LP this weekend including the Mono.

Big thumbs up on this set so far![Y]