Question on etiquette

whamo

Bottom Line, Cheap lesson learned, I hope ................ He'll get his !!!!!!!!! ...... You can sell the speakers and get your money back, it's the dis-honesty that hurts, or maybe in the end he'll pay you, and take his speakers .............. Best of Luck !!!

Guest srobak

It would be too bad to start with a joke and end up charged with terroristic threatening.

That would require the target of the threat to either be human, or the property of someone else other than the actor. As neither is the case - he would be pretty safe. Think along the lines of taking a baseball bat to your own car... not against the law, and as it is your own property... not a hell of a lot anyone can do about it unless you littered the remnants on a public street/sidewalk.

Mail him one of the broken diaphragms and mention it will only get worse if he doesn't pay up.

In the spirit of injecting further humor at this point (might as well cheer Whamo up as best we can). Take a picture of a large caliber handgun pointed at the woofer. Underneath the photo.... "Pay up or the woofer get's it". Sign it "Vinnie"....Wink

You are a funny man, GLA51! [:)]

It is a ticklish situation.

I don't think it is now a question etiquette at this point. You are financially vulnerable and the other party should understand this. Also the other party has assumed quite a bit by obligating you to cover the expense if even only temporarily.

I would assume the worst case scenario and act accordingly. Your generosity has been abused.

Good Luck,

-Tom

Mail him one of the broken diaphragms and mention it will only get worse if he doesn't pay up.

In the spirit of injecting further humor at this point (might as well cheer Whamo up as best we can). Take a picture of a large caliber handgun pointed at the woofer. Underneath the photo.... "Pay up or the woofer get's it". Sign it "Vinnie"....Wink

Advice provided by our resident pastor & sheriff. gotta love it.[:P]

Seriously, I agree with preston tom at this point. No communication is a red flag.

you've mentioned that he ignores your requests to be paid soon. that is unacceptable. Email him that if you don't have a money order in your mail by tuesday the 13th of May, you are going to sell them and not to him. Don't feel bad in the least, he doesn't deserve your help.

Kimball

Whamo,

You have been more than gracious. I agree with Michael.

SOP would be to pick up, as a courtesy, after the buyer and seller have concluded the financial part of their transaction.

Occasionally the friend doing the pick up might pay AND pick up upon inspection of the item. That payment would be made with the buyer's money and would require an established and trusting relationship.