"Minty" - who started it?

Friday chit-chat MINTY

I seem to recall the original ebay ad from a few years back where a speaker was described as being 'minty' and we've been using that term lovingly on and off since then. Does anyone remember exactly what ad that was or the thread?

My take on this is that "minty" is a huge distance away from "full mint quality", designed to make you think that $99.99 is a bargain compared to $100.00.

The "grey" area of communication covers a lot of territory and puts more money in your pocket.

JJK

Minty mint? I don't know either, but was thinking of coins from the treasury, wrapped/sealed. Maybe after opened, not mint. May require explanation like, Never been plugged up! In which case I might say,"Please plug it in", so as to not receive a DOA.

I remember that when I bought my lascalas folks on this forum were using that term in the thread that pointed to them. That was about 3 years ago. I'd have to search for it. Not sure if that ws the first though.

Guest srobak

Motorcyclists have been using it since long before ebay... to describe vehicle condition. A minty bike vs. a crunchy one. :)