rosetta stone

I know two of the faculty where I work use Rosetta Stone software, and think it is really good. I hope so, as I am still plainning on getting their Tagalog package, pricey though it may be.

Bruce

filmboydoug,

My son used the French for two years and learned alot. My wife uses it to brush up on her French as well. My two youngest (11 and 16 years) started in January 08 the Japanese prgram. The kids love the Japanese as they hear it spoken in some of the Anime Cartoons they have seen.

My oldest daughter used a different prgram for learning Russian. I think it was called Tranparent Language. She speaks Russian pretty well from it. Learning computer software has worked well in my house.

Wrinkles

I think Mr. cmd gave some good advice.

Public libraries sometimes have language sections which are overlooked. For example, the downtown Chicago library has Pimslure (sp) tapes which cost about $1000 and lots of other stuff. The price is right. Free!

Also, suppose you are in a town with a small library which does not have what you want. Talk to a librarian about an interlibrary loan. There is a program where you can get material from any library in the country.

Gil