NBA Finals 2007-2008 Boston LA Classic

varay0816

I am not too old..but can remember some of the great rivals in the NBA . The Boston LA rivalry is probably the most famous and exciting in recent history. Although not to be outdone by Boston of the heydays...the current Celtics put on a stellar performance last night to overcome a 21 point deficit to win. I watched as Kobe Bryant, arguably the best player in the game currently, was shutdown by the defense of Pierce. The game was excellent but as the record is now 3-1 Boston, LA is done. anyone else watching this series?

• Like 1

It was an awesome game. Largest comeback in NBA finals history. I believe Boston was actually down by 24 in the 2'nd quarter. They were down 20 halfway through the 3'rd. I don't have a horse in this race so I can just watch basketball and not stress about my team (out in the first round). It was quite a show. The only thing LA can do now to top Bostons performance last night is to win the next 3 in a row for the title. That's something that's never been done before. Otherwise the taste of last nights defeat will likely linger till next season.

you are right it was 24 points....I'm not a fan of either team but love to see a good game. HD and Klipsch makes the watching that much more exciting...I could hear the Lakers season slipping away. I have to admit I like the idea of Allen, Pierce, and Garnett getting a ring. those guys have all played for years on teams that struggled only to be traded when the respective teams made decent championship runs.

• Like 1

yes, I've been watching. my entire basketball life has been as a laker fan; but, they're soft. without bynum in the middle, they are strictly a perimeter team and any decent player in the paint is going to have success. Phil Jackson doesn't seem to be adjusting to create some mismatches; but, he's won about 900 more games than I have. Still rooting for them; but, I think they are done. Lamar Odom had the quarter of his life; then disappeared...again. Offensively--they're fine; but, defensively they need some work.

This will never be like Magic/Byrd because everyone likes both of those guys. Bryant? Not so much. I loved that game last night. I wouldn't like seeing the Lakers pull even and have momentum. Paul Pierce is a stud. Of course he didn't do it alone.

Kobe can't warm Magic's Jock ................ Magic Lakers vs. Bird's Celtics was CLASSIC ... never will be matched again .... Pat Rileys Showtime Lakers could play ball ............. Better Teams, better benches ........... GO CELTICS !!!!!!!!! ... Not over Yet !!!!!!!!!

I never really liked pro basketball. It should be renamed Rollerball with all the pushing, shoving, bumping, elbowing, backjumping, constant double dribbles, constant palming, constant steps, fouling only if the refs feel like calling it, etc. My solution is to raise the baskets 2ft to 12 ft, making the shot count for 1 point if hit hits the rim on the way in, 2 points for net, 3 points for net at the proper distance and 2 points if it hits the rim on the way in, and have the choice of foul shots at regular distance or from 3 point territory. If the refs called all the fouls the game score would be like hockey and soccer.

JJK

I'd rather see them win at HOME .............. it's been what 22 years ? ................ Neither team are the BEST teams, just the teams that made it there. Detroit had more talent, and San Antonio, and Phoenix are better teams than the Lakers ........... but, it's Boston vs. La ..... GO CELTICS !!!!!

all I can say is WOW!! as I watched the first half of the game it was surreal as the Celtics systematically dismantled LA's offense and defense...I can't recall a finals game being so unevenly played before. The 92 game that Bulls beat the Jazz by 42 did not seem to feel the same as this one. Congrats to Doc, Paul, Ray, Kevin, and all of the Celts.

• Like 1