Hypocrisy, maybe?

You sign the paper ...... You pay your Bill !!!! ...... Pretty simple to me ..... Read what you sign, understand what you read ... Pay your Bill !!!

Amen.

Don't get me started. A lot of people tried to put down almost nothing and flip themselves into millionaires. Maybe too many. That's why we are all paying the price now.

This is what happens when the smart greedy cross paths with the not so smart greedy.

Beware when someone starts a political thread with "This is not to be political".

It's a discussion about the way things are and have recently been without an attack, or support for, a particular party.

Fish, quit trying to make it political. [;)]

Regardless of who controls Congress during the last two years, I looked and looked to try to find the bill that authorized the bail-out. I don't see one. What I do see is the central bank voting to authorize. I could be wrong, but I don't think Congress had any role in this. Anybody know more on how the bail-out was authorized?

Hi, Mark--

From the article (at the end), the following:

"We must limit the perception that some institutions are either too big or too interconnected to fail," Paulson said. "If we are to do that credibly, we must address the reality that some are."

That is the whole thing that I must confess leaves me with some amount of ambivalence as to whether it is right or wrong to engage in bail-outs. Some players really are too big to allow their failure to wreak havoc on our economy. There may be other means to address the threat besides a direct bail-out to company.

I'm shocked,congress is gettin' off the hook? Not responsible?Too funny! If the people that make the laws,and are responsible to it's citizens for making sure rules/laws are created or upheld,who the heck is?

Or,they were paying no attention,busy with their own fingers in the various jars and didn't notice this coming,take steps?[:P]

Mark you have it basically right. In a previous post you did mention taxpayer money though. Here's the loop. All money received by the government is then spent by congress. The executive branch submits a budget, yada yada, eventually congress approves where the money goes. This includes regulatory agencies. This includes borrowing from the world at large, which is done through the federal reserve, which is as we all know not a part of the government but sanctioned as a "quasi agency." Seems like no one is exactly innocent here? For a reasonable salary I would be glad to help police this stuff. of course the budget has to be there to support my salary. Plus the waves that might be made by my efforts might also lead to a lack of a job, or a reassignment where I could do "no harm." Political harm that is.

Still shocked that the persons responsible for every dollar spent,and every law passed are given a FREE pass on neglecting their duty.It's pretty much a partisan dealeo,blame the ones you don't like.

They are all responsible,equally,no free ride from me,I'm not that partisan.

M,good points,congress hasn't done much.Not to mention all the other great things this congress has failed to do.

As to partisanship,please..................oh well,time to hit the lake,have a greeeaaat day![<:o)]