Oil Bubble?

Whoever wrote this is an idiot of the first order,I find it hard to believe that a brain can be so damaged and still move muscles.

But, he can at least write. He does have an actual argument. You on the other hand haven't been able to manage more than a childish insult here in 6 months. Do you have have thoughts beyond insults that you can share?

I'll have you know I've been making childish comments much longer than 6 months!

I have much better things to do(fun) than spend more than a moment(kinda fun) discussing absurd statements or rebuffing old wore out talking points from some hack.I'm a man of few words,I understand some people are full of em',that's fine,for them,just imagine what I'm thinkin',lol.

It's a beautiful day to be alive,so off on the scoot,hopefully the world can do without my further commentary,for a while.........Have a great evening.

yeah fish, you are so childish!![:'(] hehe!! don't you know that your intelligence is based on how many post you have made and how well you can sound like a neo-attorney?! [8-)]

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

It is not the highs that make a bull market Mark, it is the lows. A chart showing the monthly open, close, high and lows of Crude show a gradual increase in price since bottoms in 2002, 2003 and 2007. Crude extrapolation shows that even if international demand stays even and supplies grow, the trend is still for higher prices in the next decade. Although the recent squeeze by the OPEC cartel, the war in Iraq and the sudden spike in prices are anomalies in the long-term trend, the rising tide was established in the previous decade. More than two months ago, I said

Looking at a July 08 NYMEX monthly Crude chart, we are indeed in a blow-off stage, the crack in prices will almost certainly test the major support just below $90, meaning Crude will crash and drive through $90 before heading lower or finding support. I expect one or two months more of this topping action at the most!” 7/2/2008

“The U.S. Department of Energy reported domestic crude stockpiles rose by 9.4 million barrels in the week ended Aug. 15, more than 11 times the gain expected by analysts. It was the largest rise in barrel terms since March 2001 and percentage terms since April 2003.”

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB121923887967956537.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Oil Bubble ? Please remember two things before you get so giddy about oil prices, 1. U.S. Oil Consumption is DOWN, and 2. Have you forgotten China has less than half their cars on the road using gas, and their factories are SHUT DOWN to reduce pollution, when the games are over, consumption goes back up ................. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but ...................

The increased consumption was not the only factor in the last round of insane oil speculation. The falling dollar, fear of iran or some other supplier stopping the flow, playing the old pyramid game and just plain greed also factored in.

I'm not concerned about the chinese and what they do or don't do. When I was in my teens a lot of people said the japanese were taking over the world economy and the soviets will "bury us". The chinese will come and go just like all the others.

American free enterprise along with government incentive (not control) will solve this energy crisis. Life will go on. It will take time and it will be painful and it will involve looking at all the possible candidates including nuclear and coal and probably some new and innovative approaches. To just discard certain types of energy like nuclear is just plain stupid.

And when we have developed something new and exciting, I'm sure that china will just come along and borrow the technology as usual.

We went into space back in the 50's and 60's. I remember it well. And also how the europeans pretty much laughed at us. They aren't laughing now. Are they?

And the oil companies are not our enemy. We had better start working together with them rather than threatening to tax them into oblivion.

Sorry for the rant, but the last time I checked, freedom of speech was still part of the constitution.

Sorry for the rant, but the last time I checked, freedom of speech was still part of the constitution.

It is, if you can afford it !!!!! ...... Reg. Unleaded $3.96 that's still $4.00 a gallon ........ Home Heating Oil up next !!!!!!!! How come oil INCREASES by 4 to 5 cents per gallon, but goes DOWN 1 cent per gallon ????

Unleaded Reg. $3.35 today here in Russellville, AR. Let's see, I get a 15 cent per gallon discount at Flying J using their rewards card, so that makes it $3.20. Then pay for it with my American Express business card which gives me a 5 percent discount on gas. That comes to $3.04.

Bob

Guest srobak

A chart showing the monthly open, close, high and lows of Crude show a gradual increase in price since bottoms in 2002, 2003 and 2007.

What exactly appears "gradual" in this to you?

Posted Image

It is, if you can afford it !!!!! ...... Reg. Unleaded $3.96 that's still $4.00 a gallon ........ Home Heating Oil up next !!!!!!!! How come oil INCREASES by 4 to 5 cents per gallon, but goes DOWN 1 cent per gallon ????

Wow OB,your local government must really be sockin' it to ya,3.63 a gallon here.

For all you "alternative energy" supporters, just wait until we hit the "panacea" of energy technology and find that alternative. What do you think the feds and states will do when they see all that fuel tax revenue go down the crapper? Expect the economy of the next energy to be reduced by tax add-ons.

Guess I need to be more specific. Looking at a monthly Crude chart for the last decade showing open, close, high and lows indicates a steep rise in price since bottoms in 2002, 2003 and 2007. However, looking at inflation adjusted prices for the past 6 decades indicates that the sharp squeeze of the 1979 encouraged a glut and downward trend in prices for the 80s.

http://www.inflationdata.com/inflation/images/charts/Oil/Inflation_Adj_Oil_Prices_Chart.htm

Personally, I think Americans will be thrilled with $3 gasoline at the pump and the energy crisis will be forgotten for another decade (which may or may not have anything to do with oil backed Republican administrations).