Thoughts about the Crown XTi 1000

Shodrewken

Before I answer that, I need to ask you a couple of questions. Are you easly swayed by "expert" opinion? If you hear a song and you think its crap, but Rolling Stone and all your mucisian friends say its a masterpiece, would you agree and convince yourself that they must be correct? Do you trust your ears more than you trust other people's opinions?

A friend of mine used XTI's with KLF-30's and was somewhat underwhelmed..............he then used the XTI with his KG 5.5's and liked it very much.

Perhaps it has something to do with a two-way speaker vs. a three way speaker (a three-way being more revealing) ? [*-)]

Those sound fine, but you can do better for less money unless you need that much power or the features -- and it's unlikely that you do. I ran two in a biamped configuration with my Jubilees and I enjoyed the sound at the levels I normally listen. At lower volumes it has a signature similar to the tripath amps -- clean with a slightly tipped up top end. At high volumes, the midrange takes on a forceful in-your-face quality that wears thin kind of quick unless that's a quality you just happen to like. If you're on a tight budget and need gobs of power and/or need the active filtering -- it's a great way to go. The Heritage stuff is kind of finicky and can sound really brash if you're not careful. Since you don't need the active filtering and PEQ features I would look at one of the QSC PLX amps if you feel the need for speed. If you're primarily interested in good sound, you might try a Crown D45 or D75A -- which sound better still if you send it to Mark Deneen to have his magic wand waved over it.

"A friend of mine used XTI's with KLF-30's and was somewhat underwhelmed...he then used the XTI with his KG 5.5's and liked it very much."

The amp's performance parameters change depending on the load -- see the threads at AVS and Crown.

I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts about this amp thats all.
I'm not sold on it by any means, I hadn't really known that much about
the Crown amps till last night when I did some google search on them,
and read some past posts here on the forum. I already have a yamaha rx-v1700 that I use for my cornwalls and heresys when I have either one hooked up. I was wondering if theres an amp I could add to the yamaha to get some more power to the speakers.

I guess what I want to do is still use my yamaha, cause I have all my 360, dvd player, playstation iPod dock ect. hooked up to it. but I was wondering if I could hook up something like say the Crown D45 or D75A like DeanG mentioned to the yamaha and get some more juice to the speakers.

Hi cviper,

Your Cornwall's are "rated" for maximum continuous power of 105 watts. Your Yamaha receiver is "rated" to provide 130 watts rms per channel to your speakers.

Seems to me your Yamaha has sufficient power to exceed the maximum "rating" of the Corns as it is.

The Crown D45 and D75 will have less power than your Yamaha, but may sound better, probably not louder.

I have run a Crown XTi2000 with a PS Audio preamp on a pair of cornwalls with very good results. The added power really brings out the bass with out any hint of muddyness.

I brought one of my 2000's over to a friends house some months back and we powered his Cornwall's with it and we were very astonished with the results.

We just started dancing. (Bose commercial) [:o] [;)]

I've been using a pair of Crown XLS 402's on a system in my church. They are driving some two ways built by Tony Reed using all Eminence drivers. I'm still testing the system and listening to alot of music. The sound is fabulous to my ears.

My take is that people are all over the map with Crown amps. They are designed for pro sound, but lots of folks use them at home.

The Crown D45 and D75 may be the best regarded for home use. They are modestly powered, but excellent amps.

Easily swayed by expert opinion? My take on my audio needs is if I can't hear it myself and decide, then I get as much info as I can from people who have experience with the whatever mentioned product, no just one persons opinion is gonna make me go one way or the other. Rolling Stone can take a hike, and again people are welcome to their opinion, theres pletny of music I listen to that friends of mine who are mucically incline just can't be in the same room with but I like anyway. And just like everyone else preaches here when someone asks if speaker A is better than speaker B, I'm a total believer in what my ears enjoy, if it don't sound good to me then I'll respectfully listen to what someone has to say about a said piece, but I don't think I'll be regarding it much after that.

I've been using a pair of Crown XLS 402's on a system in my church. They are driving some two ways built by Tony Reed using all Eminence drivers. I'm still testing the system and listening to alot of music. The sound is fabulous to my ears.

Where's my pics?[:P]