Nine Inch Nails

sean5340

I ran across Nine Inch Nails on MHD channel. I have never been a fan of them, actually never listened to them, but I am impressed with this live performance.

Are there any fans here that could recommend some albums to check out?

Sean

I saw about 15 mins of it, but it seemed the mix was way off as the left channel was very hot. I believe it was suppose to be 5.1. I couldnt stand the way it sounded so I turned the channel. I hadnt seen them in some time, but was shocked to see how big Trent was. I liked their stuff from the early 90's when I was in my 20's, but really havent followed them since.

The BluRay version of Beside you in Time is very excellent, all live stuff with High Def sound to go with it. I don't like the newer stuff as much, but some of the slower songs off the past couple of albums: Right where it belongs, Zero Sum, is pretty good. Avoid "The Slip" entirely.

I saw about 15 mins of it, but it seemed the mix was way off as the left channel was very hot. I believe it was suppose to be 5.1. I couldnt stand the way it sounded so I turned the channel. I hadnt seen them in some time, but was shocked to see how big Trent was. I liked their stuff from the early 90's when I was in my 20's, but really havent followed them since.

Were you listening in 5.1 or 2 channel? I listened in 2 channel and the sound stage seemed right. It seemed like the midrange would've been harsh but was actually a bit subdued and blended well.

The Nine Inch Nails album to have is "The Downward Spiral". Also Johnny Cash did a cover of Nine Inch Nails song "Hurt" it is an excellent cover version that also has a powerful video, Cash did this just shortly before he died.

I also had not seen Nine Inch Nails in quite a while and I also was surprised to see how big Trent had become when I saw the MHD concert. I had a girlfriend early in the 90's who was in a band that had toured with Nine Inch Nails, she was dating Trent while they were on tour.

I had a girlfriend early in the 90's who was in a band that had toured with Nine Inch Nails, she was dating Trent while they were on tour.

As Peter Griffin on Family Guy said when his wife told him she'd been a groupie and had done KISS, "It's like I did KISS!"

Well I picked up Pretty Hate Machine and The Downward Spiral today. I am pleased and think I like Pretty Hate Machine more. I can definitly make one excellent CD from these two.

Thanks

If you like both then you must get the live version: "NIN- and all that could have been".

One of the reasons I love Klipsch speakers is because they make live recordings sound...well... LIVE!

Mark