Official August 9th Palladium Listening Party Thread!

When: Saturday August 9th beginning at 1pm

Where: Damon's house in Hartford, WI. Directions will be emailed to attendees next week.

What: Listen to the Palladium P-39F! Bring gear to try.

Agenda: (still rough at this point)

• 1pm: begin listening
  • 5pm: Grill brats & sweet corn
  • 8pm: movie
  • 1am: party's over [|-)]

Who'll be there?

1. Damon
  2. DrWho
  3. j-malotky
  4. SET12
  5. SWL
  6. Boomac
  7. Two dudes from the Audioholics forum (late afternoon)
  8. Randy (Picking up my CWs)
  9. Classic240Z (maybe)

What will be there:

1. 5 channel Class D amp - 1000asp IcePower modules (maybe)
  2. JL Audio F112 (maybe)

Some things to keep in mind:

• If more than, say, 12 people come, it could get very crowded! We'll have to make sure everyone gets a chance to sit in the sweet spot, switch gear, etc.
  • I will be providing Brats and Sweet corn but I could use some help with beverages!
  • I can put DrWho up overnight but that's probably about it! At some point guests will have skeedaddle. [:(]
  • Please post here in this thread if I should change your status to maybe/yes/no
  • Please post here in this thread if you plan on bringing any kind of gear so people can see what they're in for.

{Can this post be made sticky for a week?}

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damon... I could be persuaded to bring my PLXII 3102... 550 wpc into 8 ohms in stereo...Still hoping to be there... and going to Chicago for the next day.

However my brother is taking off on a sailing adventure in August and most likely dumping the business in my lap. I may or may not be able to attend... but I would really like to. Hopefully I can let you know in a few days.

Hello,

I attended last year at I think it was at Boomac's house, not sure. We met at a local diner in Hartford on a Saturday morning, I was the guy with the restored red '70 240Z.

I would like to attend if I can get away. I'm interested in hearing all systems and also would like to bring my BAT 51 SE preamp to see what if anything it brings to the table.

My '96 Khorns sound very nice with this preamp but until I can get a 75SE matching amp would like to hear it paired with other equipment, preferably tube. Currently running it with a Bryston 3B NRB. Could only hang for the afternoon if I can get away but would like to hear peoples experiences etc.

Guest srobak

I may be able to attend this. Could bring my Sub12 if anyone is interested in listening to it as well. *shrug*

I could also bring some very thick burgers...? :)

Put me in as a maybe.

Really wish I could go, but not at this short of notice, plus I just cannot afford to take off work at this point, especially as I'll be taking a couple of days off the following week to attend a 20th year high-school reunion up in northwestern PA.

I was very impressed with the Palladiums when I heard them in Indy back in June.

I can make it on Saturday but not until about five or six o'clock. [:D]

However, if something was to go sideways at work.......threre's a chance I won't be able to attend until later or not at all. Fingers will be crossed.......Look forward to hearing the Palladiums. [:D]