Oh Schlitz!

jacksonbart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish they would bring back real cane sugar in rootbeer and Coke, and put it in a traditional glass bottle. I would pay a premium.

Roger

Stock up during Jewishholiday of passover where they cannot eat corn, so the softdrink companys use pure cane sugar denoted by the green cap on the 2 liter sodas.

Jay,

Thanks for the info, but what are the dates of passover?? Do they bottle in other than 2 liter as I hate 2 liter.

Roger

I think its April something usually, it changes from year to year. Also the cane sugar cola tends to be sold in higher jewish populated areas.

Also they sell sugar cane where corn is not cheap, I went to Korea during the summer and the big name sodas (pepsi, coke, etc) use sugar cane cause its cheaper to use it than corn due the the nature that corn is not planted there and thus expensiver.

Jay,

Thanks for the info!! That would explain why I haven't run into it..... We have Catholics, Mormons, & the Salomi, Salomi, Bolognia groups arround here, but not many of the Jewish faith.

Roger

I know some girls who refuse to take beer to the beach.  They don't want to get sand in their Schlitz. 

Thanks Fini .....you just made coffee come out of my nose shlitz........

On the topic of beverages......anyone ever have "Dickens " brand Apple cider........Nothing better on a cold fall morning than to wake up and have a warm Dickens Cider!

I know some girls who refuse to take beer to the beach. They don't want to get sand in their Schlitz.

Thanks Fini .....you just made coffee come out of my nose shlitz........

On the topic of beverages......anyone ever have "Dickens " brand Apple cider........Nothing better on a cold fall morning than to wake up and have a warm Dickens Cider!

Somebody's been listening to Bob and Tom....

Fenderbender,

My wifes maiden name was Koontz. We have some Kuntz arround here as well, but here they are both prononced with the oo sound. One of my oldest friends name is Michael Brian Hunt,...... Think Mike Hunt and say it fast!! He always told everyone his name was Brian. There was also a guy who grew up near my cousin that his parrents named him John,........ That wouldn't have been so bad if the family name wasn't Camode, and I sh*t you not either!!

There was also a kid I used to make fun of all the time back in my school days named Leonard Gay, and he looked the part as well.

Roger

Dr. Pepper is also available with pure cane sugar. It's not Coca Cola though, so this information could be quite useless to you twisted.

oldtimer,

I miss Frostie Rootbeer, and cane sugar coke, but have not seen cane sugar DP. If I am looking for it, is there a way to distinguish from the corn stuff???, as I would like to check it out.

Roger

MR. Frostie Rootbeer! We had the family Christmas party at our house and ran out of room in the fridge. Wel, mother nature provided us with the biggest fridge of all.......we left it out back in the snow.

Mighty Favog,

What year was your family Christmas gettogether?? My grandmother always kept 16 oz bottles of Frosty Rootbeer and Oarnge Crush on hand to make us kids boston coolers, and home made rice pudding!!

Roger

I was at the ripe old age of about 5 or 6 years old, so it had to be around 1971.Cake

Mighty Favog,

PCP, LSD, are you from the class of 83??? And from Ohio as well. Did you get that TT up to snuff yet?? What part of Law are you involved in??

Roger

Mainly civil but we'll do anything. I work for a court reporting firm (biggest one in our region). It's not above us to do criminal or even bop on over to US District for some short little ol' plea hearings. To think I'm 43 years old and I'm the youngster around there!!

Never did mess around with the TT for quite a while. Still one major part left to upgrade, the CD/DVD player, then it's a new TV and stand. For right now I'm looking to find a recipe for a DIY stylus cleaner. I have the Magic Eraser block but I'm looking for a liquid I can make myself.

-Tom

Didn't she date Mike Hunt? No wait it was Haywood Jablomie. I think she also dated Harry P Ness.

Fenderbender,

My wifes maiden name was Koontz. We have some Kuntz arround here as well, but here they are both prononced with the oo sound. One of my oldest friends name is Michael Brian Hunt,......   Think Mike Hunt and say it fast!! He always told everyone his name was Brian. There was also a guy who grew up near my cousin that his parrents named him John,........ That wouldn't have been so bad if the family name wasn't Camode, and I sh*t you not either!!

There was also a kid I used to make fun of all the time back in my school days named Leonard Gay, and he looked the part as well.

Roger

Roger....

we all knew that her name was pronounced with the oo sound but we liked torturing her anyway

I kid not about this....We had a kid in our pack named Darryl Dick, innocent enough.....fathers name was Harry Dick, his poor sister....Anita....what the hell were they thinking!!!! She went by the name Ann but off course as little brothers would always do, is tell us her real name!!!!!

Fenderbender,

My wifes maiden name was Koontz. We have some Kuntz arround here as well, but here they are both prononced with the oo sound. One of my oldest friends name is Michael Brian Hunt,...... Think Mike Hunt and say it fast!! He always told everyone his name was Brian. There was also a guy who grew up near my cousin that his parrents named him John,........ That wouldn't have been so bad if the family name wasn't Camode, and I sh*t you not either!!

Roger

Roger.... we all knew that her name was pronounced with the oo sound but we liked torturing her anyway

I kid not about this....We had a kid in our pack named Darryl ***, innocent enough.....fathers name was Harry ***, his poor sister....Anita....what the hell were they thinking!!!! She went by the name Ann but off course as little brothers would always do, is tell us her real name!!!!!

Fenderbender,

Are you from Ohio??? There was a Debbie D**k that I went to high school with, didn't know her well enough to know any of her family.

Roger

I hail from the big apple but I did my last 2 years in the Cincy suburb of Blue Ash....class of 80.......didn't know a Debbie D.I.C.K. but the other families I referred to were from N.Y...... It was reported that we had a girl in our school named Chanda Leer.......but I think that was Urban Myth