Oh Schlitz!

jacksonbart

Wish they would bring back real cane sugar in rootbeer and Coke, and put it in a traditional glass bottle. I would pay a premium.

Roger

Stock up during Jewishholiday of passover where they cannot eat corn, so the softdrink companys use pure cane sugar denoted by the green cap on the 2 liter sodas.

Jay,

Thanks for the info, but what are the dates of passover?? Do they bottle in other than 2 liter as I hate 2 liter.

Roger

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish they would bring back real cane sugar in rootbeer and Coke, and put it in a traditional glass bottle. I would pay a premium.

Roger

Well you can look to see if your local grocery store carries Jones Soda . They make their cola with pure cane sugar but be forwarned it tastes like generic crap .

All perfectly good substitutes! It's not often you meet a fellow expert on cheap crappy beer. But hey, when you've got mouth's to feed and it's summer and as long as it's cold!

Oh how I fondly remember my days as a poor tech school student in Phx Az from 88 till 90 . Food , alcohol and housing was relatively cheap compared to here in SC . All those beers I listed were in the $2.99 to $3.99 a twelve pack range . All equally good/palatable if ice cold .

Dr. Pepper is also available with pure cane sugar. It's not Coca Cola though, so this information could be quite useless to you twisted.

oldtimer,

I miss Frostie Rootbeer, and cane sugar coke, but have not seen cane sugar DP. If I am looking for it, is there a way to distinguish from the corn stuff???, as I would like to check it out.

Roger

All perfectly good substitutes! It's not often you meet a fellow expert on cheap crappy beer. But hey, when you've got mouth's to feed and it's summer and as long as it's cold!

Oh how I fondly remember my days as a poor tech school student in Phx Az from 88 till 90 . Food , alcohol and housing was relatively cheap compared to here in SC . All those beers I listed were in the $2.99 to $3.99 a twelve pack range . All equally good/palatable if ice cold .

I have an uncle who is a long term heavy drinker. He always said; "buy the first two drinks of top shelf, after that, any rot gut will do"

Roger

Dr. Pepper is also available with pure cane sugar. It's not Coca Cola though, so this information could be quite useless to you twisted.

oldtimer,

I miss Frostie Rootbeer, and cane sugar coke, but have not seen cane sugar DP. If I am looking for it, is there a way to distinguish from the corn stuff???, as I would like to check it out.

Roger

MR. Frostie Rootbeer! We had the family Christmas party at our house and ran out of room in the fridge. Wel, mother nature provided us with the biggest fridge of all.......we left it out back in the snow.

oldtimer,

Roger

MR. Frostie Rootbeer! We had the family Christmas party at our house and ran out of room in the fridge. Wel, mother nature provided us with the biggest fridge of all.......we left it out back in the snow.

Mighty Favog,

What year was your family Christmas gettogether?? My grandmother always kept 16 oz bottles of Frosty Rootbeer and Oarnge Crush on hand to make us kids boston coolers, and home made rice pudding!!

Roger

sorry twisted, was going to do this last night, but try this:

http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

Hey Oldtimer,

Thanks!! My brother in Laws favorite is DP.

Twisted or Roger, either is fine. I belong to several motorcycle forums as well as the Ford FE Engine Forum. TwistedCrankCammer stands for the FORD 427 SOHC Hemi engine, as I own one. To understand the rest, you would have to be a gear head as the cammer came with a forged steel crank, and factory forged steel cranks of the day were twisted between rod throws in their manufacturing process. On a cast crank, the casting line is in a straight line the length of the crankshaft. I use twistedcrank cammer on all of my forums that I belong to, as well as my ebay account name, plus you tube etc., it just makes it easier.

Roger

oldtimer,

Roger

Mighty Favog,

What year was your family Christmas gettogether?? My grandmother always kept 16 oz bottles of Frosty Rootbeer and Oarnge Crush on hand to make us kids boston coolers, and home made rice pudding!!

Roger

I was at the ripe old age of about 5 or 6 years old, so it had to be around 1971.[^]

oldtimer,

Roger

Mighty Favog,

Roger

I was at the ripe old age of about 5 or 6 years old, so it had to be around 1971.Cake

Mighty Favog,

PCP, LSD, are you from the class of 83??? And from Ohio as well. Did you get that TT up to snuff yet?? What part of Law are you involved in??

Roger

Roger

Stock up during Jewishholiday of passover where they cannot eat corn, so the softdrink companys use pure cane sugar denoted by the green cap on the 2 liter sodas.

Jay,

Thanks for the info, but what are the dates of passover?? Do they bottle in other than 2 liter as I hate 2 liter.

Roger

I think its April something usually, it changes from year to year. Also the cane sugar cola tends to be sold in higher jewish populated areas.

Also they sell sugar cane where corn is not cheap, I went to Korea during the summer and the big name sodas (pepsi, coke, etc) use sugar cane cause its cheaper to use it than corn due the the nature that corn is not planted there and thus expensiver.

post-13377-138193997861_thumb.jpg

post-13377-13819409942114_thumb.jpg