Belles vs Cronwalls

JSP

IMHO, they sound similar, per se., but again IMHO, they sound more like a LaScala. The bass from the Belle is different, and to my ears, slightly more "lush" or "rich" (not necessarily lower, better, etc.), and in a "home theater" set-up which is what I'm using the Belles for at the moment, they sound good. A good idea of what the Belle will sound like would be to find someone who has a pair (best way), or a pair of LaScala's (close enough).

I prefer the klipsch folded bass horns to any direct driver speaker. The Belle is my preference over the Cornwall. It is the most beautiful of the Heritage line. Since it is no longer in production resale value will be getting better. It may not go as low but I find the bass to be of higher quality. Others will disagree this is just my opinion. I miss my Belles :( but I have Khorns now.

DSC01830.JPG

I have two pair Belles 74 & 77 models.I also prefer the folded horn bass.The bass does not go as low but in my opinion is tighter and cleaner sounding.The Belles are beautiful and don't sound too shabby either.I think the sound better than La Scalas and imaging is close to the Khorns IMo.

Don't know if size, money or ,sound is your main concern with the possible upgrade but Here is my opinion for what little it is worth:

If it's the foot print of space your worried about....the Khorn doesn't take up that much more landscape...if you have corners to put them into...

a pair of Belles and khorns are pretty close in price

so if you really want to upgrade from Cornwalls you may want to consider the Klipschorn also.......most on here would agree the best hands down, except for the jubs/pro stuff

didn't mean to go far off original post....sorry for that ...just thought I'd throw this in as "food for thought"

OTOH the cornwall is my favorite all around speaker for all occasions / amps /type of music/ source

I have two pair Belles 74 & 77 models.I also prefer the folded horn bass.The bass does not go as low but in my opinion is tighter and cleaner sounding.The Belles are beautiful and don't sound too shabby either.I think the sound better than La Scalas and imaging is close to the Khorns IMo.

Agreed. Bass bin goes a little higher and a different mid horn.

If you asked a non-audiophile type person which sound better, Cornwalls would probably win 9 out of 10 times. Punchier bass would give Corns the edge. Ask an audiophile and you might get 50/50, maybe even 60/40 for the Belles. It's really a preference thing with those two. Both great speakers, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

If you asked a non-audiophile type person which sound better, Cornwalls would probably win 9 out of 10 times. Punchier bass would give Corns the edge. Ask an audiophile and you might get 50/50, maybe even 60/40 for the Belles. It's really a preference thing with those two. Both great speakers, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Very true and if we all agreed there would be only one type of speaker. I'm just horn biased [6] When I look at a La Scala Belle or Klipschorn I really appreciate the cabinet design with direct driver not so much.

I pretty much agree with everybody

Upside to Bele is you can put a Trachorn in it. I have not in mine yet but I do not feel overly compelled to upgrade.

On looks Cornwall is no Victoria's Secret model.

NOTE: Any Belle with stock crossovers needs new caps ASAP for best performance.

I pretty much agree with everybody

Upside to Bele is you can put a Trachorn in it. I have not in mine yet but I do not feel overly compelled to upgrade.

On looks Cornwall is no Victoria's Secret model.

NOTE: Any Belle with stock crossovers needs new caps ASAP for best performance.

Before I sold my Belles and bought Khorns I was considering going two way with the Belles and K510. The K510 would have fit in the top hat.

I have had both 1979 Cornwalls and 1976 Belles. Still have the Belles. At first the Cornwalls sounded wonderful, and then pretty suddenly, they sounded very distant, thin, & cold. The Belles never suffered from this phenomenon.

This rather dramatic sound degradation might have had something to do with my wife kicking me to the garage and demanding that the Corwalls be placed in the shed, where as the Belles live quite happily next to the potted plants in the family room.

Of course, YMMV. Peace,

TommyK

i have ouned all the heritage at 1 time or another, and as has been said they all have there strengths, if you are looking at hard hitting low end bass i would say stay with the cornwalls, if you are moving into the detailed crisp, clean articulate bass arena that is low enough for most music (not movies) then i would say go for the belles. if you want the best of both worlds go for k-horns at close to the same price as belles ( if you can find a local pair, local being within 500 miles)

enjoy Joe

if you are looking at hard hitting low end bass i would say stay with the cornwalls

Klipsch makes other speakers that hit alot harder. Not picking on Cornwalls or any of them for that matter but seriously a hard rocker or metal head is going to want something that kicks the sternum pretty hard and Cornwalls weren't made for the job. I am a Cornwall fan by the way.

"Klipsch makes other speakers that hit alot harder. Not picking on Cornwalls or any of them for that matter but seriously a hard rocker or metal head is going to want something that kicks the sternum pretty hard and Cornwalls weren't made for the job. I am a Cornwall fan by the way."

i never said cornwalls were the hardest hitting speakers klipsch makes !!!!! i simply gave my experiences with the speakers that were asked about !!!! heritage klipsch

Joe

"Klipsch makes other speakers that hit alot harder. Not picking on Cornwalls or any of them for that matter but seriously a hard rocker or metal head is going to want something that kicks the sternum pretty hard and Cornwalls weren't made for the job. I am a Cornwall fan by the way."

i never said cornwalls were the hardest hitting speakers klipsch makes !!!!! i simply gave my experiences with the speakers that were asked about !!!! heritage klipsch

Joe

My apologies, I misspoke.

By the way, those dynacos look pretty nice.