Which is more comfy?

In the process of building my home theater, I realize that my dedicated room [aside from being small (12.5 x 13)] has a problem. It is also my bedroom. Isn't the living-at-home college life just great? Heh.

So the twin bed must go and be replaced by something that can double as both a sofa and a place to get a good night's (read: restful) sleep.

Thus far, I have considered a futon, such as:

http://www.kingsfurnishings.com/Ore-International-R8114BLK--Leather-Futon-Sofa-Bed--Black_p_1487-9841.html

Or some sort of sleeper-sofa or chair such as:

http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/Softee-Sleeper-Chair/3288821/product.html?cid=130555&fp=F&srccode=cii_9686437&cpncode=17-18246146-2

The biggest concern is that it will be comfortable (obviously)

I have also considered other options, like a hammock, but vetoed it for reasons of ingress and egress. I'm really just looking for opinions but if you have other ideas, please mention them.

Thanks a bunch.

Having been in the "small room" quandary from the days of the military, college, and then not making enough to have a warm place to pe* for most of my life, I voted for futon. I even tried multiple bean bag chairs and sleeping bags one time. You can always go for a nice rapid inflate/ deflate air mattress if your wife/ GF does not object to the late night "accommodations"......[H]

A sleeper-chair/sofa is nicer, more useful and "grown-up" for guests and when someone is sick and wants to be in a separate bed. This means it can be kept around for many years, and can go in a family room for watching TV off to the side. A futon seems too much like stuff you'd want to forget about after college. Make sure the mattress works for you, as some are very thin.

A sleeper-chair/sofa is nicer, more useful and "grown-up" for guests and when someone is sick and wants to be in a separate bed. This means it can be kept around for many years, and can go in a family room for watching TV off to the side. A futon seems too much like stuff you'd want to forget about after college. Make sure the mattress works for you, as some are very thin.

Good points but the futon he showed looks like a couch and not a futon like this, also it would be a bigger bed for him to sleep on:

http://estore.websitepros.com/1801563/Detail.bok?no=312

That futon will be somewhat comfy to sit on but as a sleep surface it will suck.

Find yourself a Klaussner with a 7" mattress like this.

http://www.klaussner.com/default.aspx?klaussnercorp=98&objId=2897&obj2Id=66&obj3Id=4&obj4Id=4

This is a Queen size instead of a Full. They sit as nice as any other sofa, and

have a sleep surface better than a futon or klik klak.

Made in the USA too.

There's a reason futons are so affordable: I have yet to find a futon that I thought was comfy to sit or lay on for any length of time. Go for a well-designed, hide-a-bed style sofa (or loveseat) and make sure it comes with a good mattress or you might feel the steel bars underneath that support it. Best of luck with your project. -Glenn

Klik Klak is actually a brand name. They make futons with the mattress attached like the one in your link.

By "klik klak" I assume you mean any other sleeper sofa. Do you own one of these? I have a sealy mattress now and it's pretty nice to sleep on. The price isn't bad, especially if I can get it in leather; and they look really nice, to boot.

Thanks for the info...

BOSE....hey I just realized the acronym of your handle !!!!

I digress, I have a futon that is very very similar to the one you are considering(ultra suede instead of leather) It is NOT comfy to sit in.

they look cool but they really are made for child like proportions and if you weight more than 150 pounds you just can't get comfy. They are Better to sleep on than most pull outs but for sitting, watching TV, stereo, they out right stink on ice!!!!!

there are lot's of pull out couches that WAY more comfy.......I have a leather pull out sectional in the family room that I can sit and watch for hours...the futon in the office I don't last 5 min.

My budget is (ideally) $900 or less. It's looking more and more like a futon is not going to work for a big guy like me. The Klaussner Queen size sleeper sofa that FBD linked looks like a real candidate... plus, it wouldn't look like I live in a frat house. Anyone know a dealer who can get me an excellent deal? [6]

My name was taken from this little anecdote, which I pass along to anyone who comes to me seeking audio advice:

Buy
Other
Stereo (Sound)
Equipment

or else you'll have a

Bad
Or
Sad
Experience

I think you'll be much happier!!!

Check to see if any of the bigger furniture chains in your area have a outlet store.......The one's near me run quarterly clearance sales, I scored a $2700 china buffet that had some minor scratches and a busted door hinge for $250!! $6 bucks at home depot and it's mint!!!

Just a thought.