Mysterious Package From Klipsch...

SAJones

When I got home today I had a "tube" on my front porch that the Fedex person had delivered. Since I wasn't expecting anything from Fedex I was surpised. I was even more surprised when I saw that it was from Klipsch. And EVEN MORE surprised when I found that it was empty. What was this mysterious package from Klipsch? I don't recall ordering any thing from Klipsch. Could some one there help me out here? I have a Fedex tracking number - 117816710000310 and a shipping label with the originating address of KLIPSCH,LLC 3502 Woodview Trace, Suite 200, Indianapolis, IND. It shows that it was shipped on 01/11/2002 and has a REFERENCE # of 750. No description of what might have been inside.

HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its a box for your broken arrow!

don't worry, it is just a test, if this had been a real emergency, you would have to put your head between your legs and kiss your Klipsch goodbye!

send it back and demand a refund!

Wink.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Colin:

its a box for your broken arrow!

don't worry, it is just a test, if this had been a real emergency, you would have to put your head between your legs and kiss your Klipsch goodbye!

send it back and demand a refund!

Wink.gif

I LIKE IT... I THINK I WILL REQUEST A REFUND !!!!

When you say it was "empty", are you SURE there wasn't a poster rolled up against the inner circumference of the tube? I got a few marketing promos from different companies this way... one of the coolest (unsolisited) was from Porche, they mailed me a tube with a rolled up poster inside - had a 911 Turbo with a licence plate that read "GARRISON" on it. Very cool. Have no idea why they thought I could afford one, or how much that campaign must have cost them. Maybe because I subscribe to Fortune magazine? (Or have Klipsch speakers? Smile.gif ) Anywho, take a good look inside that tube. Might not be empty.

------------------

Music is art

Audio is engineering

Ray's Music System

Why didn't I get an empty "KLIPSCH TUBE"?

(me sitting here balling like a baby)IWANTONEIWANTONEIIIIWAAANNTTTOOONNE!!!!

---OKAY I'm better now.

------------------

LSU PAINTBALL- We'll cover you with our balls!

Paintball players do it 'till their balls break!

1 Pair KLF-30's

Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Pre-amp

Carver TFM-45 Amp

Teac AD-4 CD Player

Just call me "Mr. Lucky"! I too got home on 1/29/02 & found a FedEx tube by my front door. Mine contained a pair of Vic Firth drum sticks - Kenny Aronoff model. The really cool part (drum roll here, hehe) one of the sticks was actually autographed by Mr. Aronoff. I couldn't remember if I entered a contest when Klipsch had info on K.A. on the homepage or if it was some type of gift for buying the Reference II series speakers.

When my wife got home & saw the sticks on the table she wanted to know why I bought another pair of sticks - as if I didn't have enough in my stick bag already. When I showed her what they were, she was impressed. Of course I also had to explain to her who Kenny Aronoff is & the veritable who's who of singers/musicians to whom he has provided some excellent drumming (besides John Cougar Mellencamp).

In any event I would like to thank Klipsch & Mr. Aronoff for the very nice surprise. I'd had a rather long & trying day at work on the 29th & the Kenny Aronoff drum sticks absolutely made my day. Thanks again guys.

------------------

Lew

Not Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll

quote:

Originally posted by Ray Garrison:

When you say it was "empty", are you SURE there wasn't a poster rolled up against the inner circumference of the tube? I got a few marketing promos from different companies this way... one of the coolest (unsolisited) was from Porche, they mailed me a tube with a rolled up poster inside - had a 911 Turbo with a licence plate that read "GARRISON" on it. Very cool. Have no idea why they thought I could afford one, or how much that campaign must have cost them. Maybe because I subscribe to Fortune magazine? (Or have Klipsch speakers?
Smile.gif
) Anywho, take a good look inside that tube. Might not be empty.

Hey Ray... I checked NOPE that old tube is as empty as can be!!!!

cwm33.gif

This message has been edited by SAJones on 01-31-2002 at 09:23 PM

rather than come right out and say it, and annoy hundreds of dealers, Klipsch has decided on a more circumspect route, they simply mail customers an empty tube, but you are not supposed to say anything, what they are trying to tell you is that -

HORNS love tubes!!!!

------------------

Colin's Music System Cornwall 1s & Klipsch subs; lights out & tubes glowing!

This message has been edited by Colin on 02-01-2002 at 03:58 AM

300B? EL34? 6DJ8? Klipsch do love tubes but in this case that tube should have contained either a pair of way cool Kenny Aranoff drum sticks or a limited edition Klipsch poster. We sent this because you registered on-line during our Kenny Aranoff promotion a while back and it took till now for Kenny to whittle enough sticks ;-).

I'd have a very stern talk with your mail delivery person (PC for mailman). That person is likely another Klipsch fanatic or active on Ebay.

In the meantime, I'll see if we can't send a tube with something in it.

BobG- how did you say we get that Limited Edition Klipsch Poster???

------------------

My system(s):

KLF-30's Bi-wired

KLF-C7 (2)

KSP-S6's (2 Pair)

KSW-15 Front Sub

KSW-100 Rear Sub

Chorus II's

Monster cable 14 gauge in-wall cable

Audioquest interconnects

Niles SPS-4 speaker switch box

Niles wall plates