Help,I May Need A New Crossover and Cabinet Reglue For A Heresy II, 1986

nola

NOLA: A very easy way (and saves hard drive space....) is to send the page as a link to yourself via email.... Open up this thread; then highlite and copy the http//"address" line at the very top of the screen next to the "back" buttons. Then paste it into an email to yourself with the subject line as "HERESY REFINISH", or something along those lines. Then just keep that email in an email folder. That way you can find it, click on the link and go immediately to the thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

Your work is superb. Far better than anything I've done to this point. You've got the "touch". I really concentrate on Heresy's (the "lost children"). I've done the other Heritage, but for some reason I keep coming back to the Heresy, both for finish, wood and internals (simple things for simple minds!!!). As far as what I've done with K'horns, the latest was a highly modified pair for the man cave. For grill techniques, look at: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/110684.aspx for how I do grills. The K'horns thread is: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/109618/1105057.aspx#1105057 I generally concentrated on figuring out a way to seal the entire bass bin away from the top section, but in a fashion that the observer cannot see. I can share notes, etc. if you need for any thing (Lord knows!!! You've definitely figured it out!!!!). Just PM or email me and if there is anything I can do to asssist you, please do not hesitate to ask. If I don't know the answer, I will do due dilligence and find someone who can help on any of the weird, arcane stuff. Regards/ Marshall

• 2 weeks later...

First, we'll compare packing techniques. We'll call this "Groomie vs Klipsch". We all know Klipsch has been packing and shipping audio gear for years. Marshall, well not so long. Let's see how David did vs Goliath. Marshall's packing first. How about we start with everyones favorite packing peanuts.

I guess Marshall did an OK job of packing, now let's open up the professionally packed pieces.

Hmmmmm. Parts wrapped in a sheet of foam flopping around in a box. I guess it works. I've only opened up the first box however. The tweeter lugs were bent over but they bent back without breaking so all's good.

post-15193-13819428567784_thumb.jpg

Last pic for now. I really liked the looks of the crossovers. For more detailed pics of the kit, Bob's thread in "Updates and Mods" is a great resource and shows everything taken apart (which I WON'T do). This is where my project stops. I realized first and foremost that there's no mid horns, OR screws for networks or driver mounting. On an unrelated note, I found out that I need damping material (acoustic foam) for the cabinets. As of now, Klipsch has sent the mid horns and network mounting screws (many thanks). I have the damping material ordered from Parts Express (thanks for pointing me in the right direction Colter) but I haven't looked for driver mounting screws yet. I'm going to find some black anodized screws for that job only because I think they'll look better than silver. I'l post again when I round everything up.

Carl

post-15193-13819428580262_thumb.jpg