Help,I May Need A New Crossover and Cabinet Reglue For A Heresy II, 1986

nola

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blending and easing the edges. In the edge between the sides and the top I first "flush" sand to get the edges connected "square", and then very slightly bevel the seam. It’s almost undetectable unless you physically run your finger on it. This is very important because what you are doing is lessening the chances of your fingernail catching the edge of the veneer and "lifting" or chipping.

Front view. At this point, I usually do a final 220 or 320 grit if the cabinet is going to be stained and oiled. In this case, I did a 400 grit because these will be black lacquered at the request of the owner.

Note: I don’t recommend attempting to do black lacquer on the veneer with a spray can or by hand unless you really know what you are doing and you have the lacquer properly thinned for brushing/ rolling, retarder added, etc.

And the happy owner!!! [:D]

These were done for my 10 year old son, Michael. They will match his black lacquer Klipschorns in his "kid’s cave"... (Last year I gave him my original pair of Klipschorns that I bought new in 1979). His idea of a "kid’s cave" sound system at this stage of his life is "really awesome sound effects from speakers" when playing the Lego Star Wars game on his X-box or PS2.... He's a great kid, does straight A's in school, does his chores (without having to be told on a daily basis), gets along with his teenage sister, and is courteous to his mother[A]