Happy holidays..... I mean it!

tommyboy

This will be the first holiday season I've been able to spend with family in 7 years. (military, overseas tours, etc.) First time since thanksgiving/xmas 01. My sister's husband is also military, so it's almost impossible for us to get together, and she'll be there! Before I moved here, I hadn't seen her, or her family for 6 years. And it was wierd, because she had 3 new kids I had never seen or met before, lol. Now she lives 28 miles away. Crazy how things work out sometimes?? So, I would sincerely like to tell everyone to have a wonderful holiday season, and try to spend as much time with family/lloved ones as you can. I know I will!!! happy holidays

Thanks for the service and hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving. Its football , a fire in the fireplace and turkey here. They only thing getting me down is the NFL network, its just a matter of years before the entire NFL season will be pay per view. Would like to watch the late game on Thursday, but I refuse to pay for the NFL network.

Thanks for the service and hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving. Its football , a fire in the fireplace and turkey here. They only thing getting me down is the NFL network, its just a matter of years before the entire NFL season will be pay per view. Would like to watch the late game on Thursday, but I refuse to pay for the NFL network.

Yeah, I can't wait to watch Detroit[;)]

Aside that, I wish everyone a blessed thanksgiving. To heck with the PC Happy holidays, it's Merry Christmas wishes for everyone. Extra prayers to OB and his family.

Carl

i hope you enjoy your holidays tommyboy--i've been there when i was in the Coast Guard (20-years), being on the ship and spending holidays without family. Although, when you are living in tight quarters on a ship (or a barracks i imagine) it is very easy to form good friendships with your shipmates, it still never felt like a "family," just that being away for the holidays didn't suck as much as it could have.

glad to hear that you are back with family.

i hope you enjoy your holidays tommyboy--i've been there when i was in the Coast Guard (20-years), being on the ship and spending holidays without family. Although, when you are living in tight quarters on a ship (or a barracks i imagine) it is very easy to form good friendships with your shipmates, it still never felt like a "family," just that being away for the holidays didn't suck as much as it could have.

glad to hear that you are back with family.

Yes, when I was in the dorms, I spent my first two years with the same "crew". We do sort of form a family of our own. But you know how it is, I haven't talked to any of them in about 4 years now...........

Tommy enjoy your holidays. You're right about family. My parents have been deceased for 8 & 9 yrs & there is still a void. There will always be.

Y'all got that right. My parents have been gone for 28 and 10 year. Things never really get back to normal... normal is forever different and the void I suspect will always be there. Things get better but there's always a hole. And memories that can be triggered at any time.