LaScala's and Sexy Nude Women

SWL

the simplest option of all. Crown XTi 1000 amps

I already have XTI 2000's. (6) [Y]

Despite all the back and forth discussions on them in the past.....I really like what they do for my RF-7's in a bi-amp configuration. They work better than any other amp I've tried with them in the past.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Jubilees will also knock their underwear off....

Yes, the goal is to knock their socks off.....as well as their underwear. A nude listening session.......hmmm. I'll encourage most of my guests to tighten their belts and shoelaces.[:o]

You're making my pre-planning pretty easy. Wink

Are you pre-planning for 2 channel or home theater?

Two-channel. What preamp are you using with the XTI's? What preamps have you tried besides what you're using now?

What preamp are you using with the XTI's?

My Jubs are in a HT configuration using a Denon AVR-3808 for preamp, processor, and amp for surrounds. I drive the XTi's from the preamp out connection.

I have also driven them with my old Audio Research SP-3 tube preamp and my old Audionics BT-2 preamp (best solid state from the '70's).

With Jubilees, they all sound good.

the Jubilees will also knock their underwear off....

Yes, the goal is to knock their socks off.....as well as their underwear. A nude listening session.......hmmm. I'll encourage most of my guests to tighten their belts and shoelaces.Surprise

SWL,

Don't you mean Loosen their belts and shoelaces ?[:P]

Denon AVR-3808 for preamp, processor, and amp for surrounds. I drive the XTi's from the preamp out connection.

That's good to know.....I have a Denon 3805 that I use from time to time for HT if I choose.

I don't see Jubs on the used market too often. In fact, the only ones I'm aware of are the pair that Dean got rid of. I wonder how much?

. Two Jubilees will absolutely smoke four LaScalas PLUS four RF-7's. In addition to impact, they will also be the most accurate you have ever heard. Best of both worlds.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. [Y][Y]

I have a Denon 3805 that I use from time to time for HT if I choose

The 3805 has pre-out and will work just fine.

So, you have the preamp and you have the amps. What are we waiting for???

You may wait a very long time before you find a used pair.

Call Roy. Place your order. You won't be disappointed. Under $7000 delivered to your door. [:D]

p.s. The FEDEX delivery driver will beg to hear your Jubilees. Mine even volunteered to help take them in the house and set them up. [Y]

the cool thing is... (think when you have the room full of sexy/nude women).... the Jubilees will also knock their underwear off.... of course, therein is the conundrum.... the Jubilees will knock the underwear off a room full of sexy nude women? Huh?

This very thing was referred to in the movie The Italian Job. One of the gang asked another what he'd do with his share of the loot. One wanted to buy an Aston Martin Vanquish. The other wanted a stereo powerful enough to blow the clothes off women. We saw a glimpse of that at the end of the movie, IIRC.

Trust me, I was just looking at a picture of them and slobbered all over my keyboard. [:P]

Like I said earlier, I am pre-planning my next upgrade. However, I have to be patient and realistic. The next 6-12 months could be some very trying times. If there is one thing I've learned so far in this hobby......it is to be patient and do your homework......rather than just going out and blowing hard earned money on a whim. Been there, Done That.

That being said, it doesn't sound like you can go wrong with Jubs.....if you've got the room. We'll see how the economy is in the next few months ahead. I have to admit, I'm giddy just thinking about their performance.

If you had to compare the Jubs to any other Klipsch speaker, which would it be?

I've heard the Palladiums at Damon's house. I would have to say that to me......they sounded like an ultra-refined Reference speaker, that had midrange so smooth I've never heard out of a Heritage speaker. Fantastic speaker.....but the price is a different story.

I don't see Jubs on the used market too often. In fact, the only ones I'm aware of are the pair that Dean got rid of. I wonder how much?

Realize there are only maybe 15 or so pair out there... AND most of them are fairly new purchases. I'm sure Dean'o wouldn't have sold had his bathroom situation not dictated he do so.

If you had to compare the Jubs to any other Klipsch speaker, which would it be?

I won't touch that other than to say... as I understand it, PWK wanted to create the Klipschorn II and take it back to a 2-way. He created the Jubilee and decided it was so distinctly better than the Khorn that it warranted its own place in the lineup and he named it the Klipschorn Jubilee.

So... I'd say if it was going to compare with anything, perhaps a Klipschorn on steroids might be the best answer?

Oh... and you know the Khorn (I guess all of Klipsch) is known for it's low distortion, right? As I undersatnd it, the distortion levels of the Jubilee were dropped down so much, the Jubilee has 1/3'rd the amount of distortion the Khorn has.... put another way... the very low distortion Khorn has three times as much distortion as the Jubilee!!

Have you not heard them at all? I think the guy who bought Dean's lives either in Indiana or Illinois... I'll ask him... if I can ever get his head out of his toilet... [;)] I'm even wondering if he lives in Chicago.

That being said, it doesn't sound like you can go wrong with Jubs.....if you've got the room.

Interestingly, Jubilees don't seem to need a big room, just enough space to park them in the room. The man in England who bought a pair has them in a fairly small room. He also took them to a big audio show and they sounded impressive enough in whatever room he had there (perhaps a hotel room) that they were photographed and commented on favourably in a hi-fi magazine. The item's on the forum here somewhere.

• Moderators

I have heard them a few times now, and have not heard better for any amount of money, no [bs] .

They are not pretty ( to some people ) or small, but the sound is there even if your room is 50' by 100', and unlike some say, a big horn is better for a small room also !

If you can live with their look and size, I couldn't imagine what you could ever upgrade to ? So you save money in the long run.

The man in England who bought a pair has them in a fairly small room.

As I recall (having been there) his room opens up to his kitchen / dining area so it's actually a larger room than his pictures might suggest.

He also took them to a big audio show and they sounded impressive enough in whatever room he had there

Ralph and Roy will probably kill me for this but....

When Ralph received his, he did what we all did... slapped them together and played them. He took them to some different shows. He ALSO made some comments it seems, to Roy about wanting a bit more 'tinkle' out of them.

Fast forward to my visit... there is something slightly different about them compared to mine....

Long story short, I didn't realize what I was seeing from the front side (bug screen missing) but thought it odd enough that I took a picture of it and made some repeated inquires to Roy-Boy. He said it sounded as though Ralph actually had the K1132's (midrange driver) instead of the K69's. Asked Ralph to take a picture of the back and don't ya know... it said K1132!

So, here was Ralph, presuming he had the right parts, using the curve of the Dx38 which was designed for the K69 on the midrange driver!

He just received his replacement K69's a couple weeks ago and as I understand it...he's now happier than a pig in mud! He said the change to the right driver brought his soundstage in better focus, better definition and so forth.

So, the rave review you read about them, was written after the author heard them...with the wrong driver! [:$]