• Recent Topic Activity

• Recent Posts

• Where'd you find her @dirtmudd?  Everything around here is 60's + and shakey on ladders and everything else.    
    • I am going deep down my First Watt rabbit-hole. Looking for a SIT-3 or F3.   Please PM if you are selling.        SIT3 SIT-3 F3 F-3
    • KT88, after you remove the side panels, the rest of the bass bin, including the open panels at the back, is extremely sturdy! Think 3/4 inch thick, heavy plywood, all the way around . . .          
    • I have Plex for movies, but ROON for music. I agree with everything pbphoto said. I started using Plex for music originally, but once ROON came out, I preferred that over PLEX. I used VLC years ago when I had a Linux machine and external hard drive but wasn't crazy about it. I don't think it was developed as it is now, so my opinion may be mute.
    • There isn’t any sound coming from my Cinema 800. I’ve unplugged, done system reset. Nothing seems to work until I reload the firmware. I’m using the latest firmware download. The sound keeps dropping out every 3rd or 4th time I turn the system on. Really getting tired of this issue. Anyone know of a fix for this issue.
    • Been a Roon user for 5+ years.  It's not without faults but it offers a lot of flexibility.  I use it to stream my local library + Qobuz + live radio to a variety of end-points. Its database engine and meta-data are great. Roon Arc works well streaming your in-house Roon environment to wherever you are.  I've never used Plex or VLC so I can't comment.
    • Good Evening,   just discover Plex after finishing a 3 month trial Roon, and today, by typo mistake VLC, any comment on those system? is there one that you prefer?    All play archived music database, some do integration, others partial integration with streamers.   Since i rip, my 40000 songs with itunes, for listening, seems it sound bit better with Roon and Plex, VLC (not try it, for now)   any comment, or suggestion?   best regards and many thanks for you help, my music life is improving, since i discover your forum!
    • Yes it is an exceptional system. I moved and the new floor plan isn’t a great fit for this system. Definitely did not need a subwoofer for home theater. I used the fortes as two channel for streaming music when not watching movies. 
    • Yes lay them on their fronts is my suggestion. On a mattress is going above and beyond. Brace them so they can't move side to side or shift front to back. You should be good. Then if you can when you see a bad bump coming up slow down.
    • No, you answered your own question, it’s the “government” thing.  “Congress shall make no law . . . .”    Point me to another audio forum, affiliated with a company, or just on its own, that adopts that premise, there are none. In fact, just making the post will get you banned. 
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
      2.4m
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    freedom_wanderer