Technical/Restorations

Talk about restoring older speakers and other technical/electronic information here.

24294 topics in this forum

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  1. PAGING AK-4

• 0 replies
  2. center rc7

• 0 replies
  3. RC35 and RB35

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  4. K-79-K and K-52 specs?

• 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
  • Recent Posts

• Complete system in boxes, plus a Yammy AVR. $500 / Best offer.    https://nh.craigslist.org/ele/d/ossipee-klipsch-surround-sound-speaker/7748226135.html    
    • My both parents would be interested in that
    • Un-zipped!  These Ohio boys ARE DIFFERNT and lighting it up where evah they play it seems.  Totally outta the box with ALL kinds of stuff goin down on their lp's.  Thing is, It's ALL tight and has direction, which I believe pulls them closer to the fanbase they have.  They definitely "hook ya up" ALL the way thru the lp EVERY time.  So ya might wanna check them out.  Crazy ride for sure.  I don't even buckle up anymore.  Just chill.   From Akron, and ya gotta remember one 'other" guy Joe Walsh is from up that way.  I KNOW Joe's high on 'em.   Gotta be the water cause it's some crazy rock n roll for sure.   The Black Keys are an American rock duo formed in Akron, Ohio in 2001. The group consists of Dan Auerbach (guitar, vocals) and Patrick Carney (drums). The duo began as an independent act, recording music in basements and self-producing their records, before they eventually emerged as one of the most popular garage rock artists during a second wave of the genre's revival in the 2000s. The band's raw blues rock sound draws heavily from Auerbach's blues influences, including Junior Kimbrough, R.L. Burnside, Howlin' Wolf, and Robert Johnson. Friends since childhood, Auerbach and Carney founded the group after dropping out of college. After signing with indie label Alive, they released their debut album, The Big Come Up (2002), which earned them a new deal with Fat Possum Records. Over the next decade, the Black Keys built an underground fanbase through extensive touring of small clubs, frequent album releases and music festival appearances, and broad licensing of their songs. Their third album, Rubber Factory (2004), received critical acclaim and boosted the band's profile, eventually leading to a record deal with major label Nonesuch Records in 2006. After self-producing and recording their first four records in makeshift studios, the duo completed Attack & Release (2008) in a professional studio and hired producer Danger Mouse, who subsequently became a frequent collaborator with the band.     Prove me wrong!  Crank it and let it GO!   
    • @Tim Sr. like I don't know that?  roflmao...  I'm so far outta that box but she WAS interesting!  I DO apperciate you brother!   Kinda Maybe!  lol   Un-zipped this one  the other day and gave it a spin. Today is the second time thru and I'm  finding I'm enjoying it even more. He obviously took some serious notes cause this lp is tight.  Smooth as silk, great lyrics and lil things in ALL the right places to keep your attention while the songs pretty much flows unassisted.     Eric Charles Bibb (born August 16, 1951) is a Grammy-nominated American-born blues singer and songwriter. Early life and education[edit] Eric Bibb was born on August 16, 1951.[1] His father, Leon,[2] was a musical theatre singer, who made a name for himself as part of the 1960s New York folk scene; his uncle was the jazz pianist and composer John Lewis, of the Modern Jazz Quartet. Family friends included Pete Seeger, and actor/singer/activist Paul Robeson, Bibb's godfather.[3] He was given his first steel-string acoustic guitar at age seven. Growing up surrounded by talent, he recalls a childhood conversation with Bob Dylan, who, on the subject of guitar playing, advised the 11-year-old Bibb to "Keep it simple, forget all that fancy stuff" (as recounted in "The Transatlantic Sessions 5" program and DVD from the BBC.      
    • @Dave1291 Wait my friend, no no no, STOP trust me we can save you here. Ya got friends, we do not cost as much as that neck anchor. You can spin anything you want without the hassle of being told to play something different!! Or "TURN IT DOWN!!!" And lest we forget... the approval thing, being told no that it is TOO expensive.... and add to that the guilt about not getting those new shoes the week before (Really expensive ones) that she said she needed!! ... Stick with us and enjoy your tunes!!  
    • Yea,  forgot that part.  Post divorce I was in a-fib so the OSU heart hospital had a revolving door built just for me.  I had darn near every nurse on the floor trying to hook me up with this hot af nurse a few years younger.  They ALL were telling me how much she enjoyed me.  Yea, we did get along and laff a lot but outta one wallet rape into possibly another?  Beside a two-hour round trip all the time?  Blah.  I've OFTEN wondered just WHAT she might be up to now.  Kinda glad I stuck w/the fat one that told me they actually drew straws for me cause I was no fuss or muss and hilarious.  Then she started in w/the full body massage tease?  Why of course, have at it.  Trust me they are ALL outta the box and mmm mmmm good.  I know I've got that number she wrote down somewhere.   Sounds like a pay to play sport doesn't it?  😂