OT: So how did you end your Holiday weekend?

J.4knee

• Moderators

I spent the early part of the day seeing our youngest daughter, her hubby and their two children off. They headed back to north Louisiana after a ten day visit. Spent the latter part of the day sewing "pillowcase dresses" and finishing up some embroidery orders on my new embroidery machine.

Dtel spent the day at the middle daughter's mobile home doing some more remodeling. He's been working on this project for over month now, trying to get it ready for our middle daughter, her hubby and their two children. They will be moving back as soon as the renovation is complete. We will see them off tomorrow morning.

Last chore of the day, putting Buddy to bed. We said our prayers together. We asked for God to comfort Oldbuckster's family and thanked Him for our family, friends and all He has given us.

Hard to beat a good dump, but I cleared a spot in the garage (you can imagine what that involves!) for a Fisher console that had been taking verbal abuse from my wife for a few years. Its space in the family room will be occupied by our Christmas tree. Then, we made our first-ever Craigslist ad. We sold a big ugly heavy thing (a pellet stove) that had been on the front porch, again, for a few years. Today it will be gone, and I hope by this evening my back feels at least normal (which ain't been so hot, lately). Cathy made an awesome stew, which went very well with the zin. I don't remember much after that...[;)]

I finished up my 21 month old woodworking project......an oak display cabinet for my shot glass collection (approximately 120 glasses so far). I guess I should post a pic since it came out pretty nice (if I do say so myself) for my first time doing dado cuts and such.

As a side note, each of the shot glasses represent a place I have visited with the exception of 2 or 3 that were given as a gift. Additionally, each shot glass was purchsed along with a shot of Tequila (tradition) with a few exceptions where either alcohol was not sold or Tequila wasn't available. In those circumstances, the shot glass was baptized ASAP or a suitable substitute was administered.

The wife said I probably needed to start another cabinet so that a year or so from now it would be ready. Gotta love support like that.

Tom