Jubilee and passive networks - long and possibly inflammatory

greg928gts

It stood 10 feet high,, had four 24" woofers by Hartley-Luth,,, It is a TWO WAY system,,,

Well that explains everything. [+o(]

I
agree that price points don't matter when it comes to the utmost in
sonic performance, but neither does an image or expensive price tag.
Trying to hide behind exclusivity is about as audiophool as it gets.

There is also a lot to be said for the art of balancing compromises
when there are price points involved. I might also suggest that real
audiophiles aren't concerned with aesthetics.

Btw, Greg, I enjoyed your initial writeup. It seems to me like you haven't heard the best from the Jubs yet though - there is a lot to be said about other factors at play, but it doesn't sound like you wanna go there.

J4,,,Yes i can be an *** and like it that way,,,, BHENDRIX,,I dont think any one here is common,,Your all unique in a good way,, I dont know why my opinion on the best klipsch speakers should matter to you,,, Your a very intelligent person,, I assume with good hearing ,,That should be all you need to come up with your own conclusion,,,Your ears to be the judge..Your ears, not mine.. But innerjecting cost V value is never a problem with me,,,So i dont want to PIDDY the POINT, "Merry Christmas"

Hi Maron,

Your a very intelligent person

Some might argue . . . .

I assume with good hearing

Used to. Flown too many airplanes, driven too many motorcycles, and played with too many power tools . . .

Your ears to be the judge

Having known Paul, admired his work, and owned all the speakers (at least the big ones), I did select what I felt were the "best". (See list below.)

Early in this thread you said the Jubilees were not Klipsch's best speaker and I am still curious as to which, among the Klipsch "collection", you felt were best.

Thank you,

Bill

To me $60,000 is not much,,, But to you bottom feeders i guess its alot,,,

Damn, you got the jekyll and Hyde thing worse than I do. Combining personal attacks with the absurd doesn't exactly make you look like the sharpest knife in the drawer.

So you now want to Mod a jubilee.. Whats the matter ?? The Jube lacking in the last sonic splender?????

Roy has said many times that the LF section is the foundation and that many configurations could be explored to suit the whims of the user. As for himself, he's provided two different horns, two different drivers, with both active and passive solutions -- all optimized using the chamber and some pretty serious software. Hats off to anyone that can kludge a configuration that sounds better than Roy's fully engineered solutions.

Klemintovich found out in the first 60 seconds it needed change,,, 402 or 403,,, So lets see what he comes up with,,, He has the deep pockets...

This is the same guy that bought a pair of Al's Universal Type A replacements and said they were the best thing he's ever heard. He wrote a glowing, completely over the top review that Al carried on his website for many years. The review came just short of proclaiming Al to be God. Sometime later, he determines that there is something wrong with the sound, and dumps them for some BEC Type A's -- which becomes the best thing he's ever heard. Like most audiophiles (me included), he suffers from audionervosa -- and the deeper the pockets, the worse it is.

I'll audition,,,

I suspect the Jubilee won't be finished until you put your fully authoritative final stamp of approval on it. Honest, at this point, no one here cares what you think.

Remember the Jube is not a finalized design but a modified cinema system...

Since you know better, we'll just call that for what it is -- a lie. The truth is that it's the cinema version that's the modified version -- which was derived from the original two-way version that PWK and Roy completed. In any of the previously mentioned two-way configurations -- the Jubilee is "complete". Of course, that doesn't mean it can't be "completed" using other top section combinations -- but that doesn't mean the present solutions make the speaker incomplete -- which is basically what you've been saying and is completely ridiculous.

DeanG,,, For someone that cant keep a system together for more than a year,, What box of dull tooth pix did you come out of.? Mik is BiPoler and does Grandios,, But he has a good ear,, I Will audition his next attempt to Klunge that system,, But dont worry i wont bore you with the results,,,I dont care what you think either,,Go suck on another carton of cigeretts,, The present solutions of the Jube,, like i said before will evolve..It is doing this as some have replaced the present driver with the TAD 4002...Xovers are also changing too.. Merry Christmas

the Jube is not a finalized design

This is going to look like I'm defensive or defending the company or jumping on Maron or something other than what I really INTEND for it to look like... an honest, simple question. (right now, I wish I didn't own Jubilees so the integrity of this question wouldn't be diluted by that fact......)

Question for you Maron...

The Jubilee isn't a finalized design. Ok. Let's stipulate and accept that as fact.

I'm now curious as to the Golden Jubilee. Would you say that IT is a finalized design? Seems to me it should be considered a finalized design since it's going to be sitting in the museum forever more (presumably).

I'd suggest that (as per Valerie having it built) it must be finished, fair?

If finished, how do we explain the top horn (which I understand to be a clone of the 403?) with (my understanding) that PWK evidently told Roy he wanted an even larger horn than the 403. I would have thought his wife would want PWK's "final" design and settling for something he evidently was already trying to replace seems to conflict with that (to me)

If it's not considered finished then I'd wonder why she put four units (as I understand it) into production? To tell you the truth, the whole concept behind the Golden Jubilee and some of the (sad and unfortunate) politics behind it fascenate me.

I too am interested to hear your answer to Bill's question. Seems to me it was direct and simple enough to warrant an answer from you unless you are trying to avoid it for some reason?

Coytee... Good question about the Golden Jubilee,, And why its installation in the museum. Perhaps you should direct that to mrs Valerie,,, She comissioned that version.,, Perhaps a family matter,,,. Delgado acquired some TAD 4002 drivers and were used on the 402,,, So in what direction should this Quandry be placed ?? A final answere to that should fall in someone els,s lap not mine. I can walk down a street and notice some people dont look finished,, should have stayed in the incubater a couple of days more,,, I get that impression with the JUBE,...Like I said before the speaker will take a little more time,,, And as i said before the early Khorns took time to develop,,,Inside and outside. I can assure you the ones that landed on Klemintovich door step performed poorly. Merry Christmas

I see that Klipschheads are a rude bunch when a Klipsch speaker is criticized in any way shape or form. [*-)]I was told that you guys are hardcore.[6] I am surprised though at all the[8o|][li] I don't see this with Altec or JBL. $10,000 and not ready for prime time. [8-)] What's wrong with that picture. But: 'Nuff said [:#]

I don't see this with Altec or JBL

Yes you do... been there and seen it happen.

$10,000 and not ready for prime time. Roll-eyes What's wrong with that picture. But: 'Nuff said Zip it!

Never enough said, it just depends on how it's said. It's usually like a family here, nd criticising a speaker is like beating up on one of your kids...

The basic incarnation of the Jube ended up being a cinema speaker, even though PWK wanted it to be THE upgrade for the KHorn. THE new heritage. Roy has been working hard to get it into people homes, so much so that they allow and will ship with a veneered from panel. Doesn't change the way it sounds. He has also been tweaking the crossovers since this started, but those who don't have a pair don't hear about it. It IS evolving...

Maron just isn't in the loop, so to speak, so he doesn't know the improvements that are made, even weekly.

Bruce

Delgado acquired some TAD 4002 drivers and were used on the 402,,, So in what direction should this Quandry be placed?

What quandry? There is an affordable version, and a not so affordable version. Sounds like a win-win to me. One can start out with the 69s, and move up to the TADs if and when they can afford them.

I can assure you the ones that landed on Klemintovich door step performed poorly.

Since there were about a half dozen prototypes, which incarnation is the Golden Jubilee? Who designed the crossover? What driver was it delivered with? Where are the plots? It's doubtful that any real and useful information about the speaker is forthcoming. So, he got a pair kludged clones that apparently fell short -- and what does this have to with PWK, Roy, or Klipsch? Now you have a neurotic audiophile going to work on the poor thing. I've seen a copy of the email he sent out -- he's a bona fide loon.

• Moderators

Well it took long enough to get inflammatory, I thought it was never going to happen !

Facts are facts, can't really change them unless you just want to make up what Paul and Roy had done and planed.

And if that's the case let's make it really wild, like this design came to him in a vision and drawn on stone tablets, if we are going to change history, live it up.

Ok...I will just zip it and read. [:#]

He has also been tweaking the crossovers since this started, but those who don't have a pair don't hear about it. It IS evolving...

Maron just isn't in the loop, so to speak, so he doesn't know the improvements that are made, even weekly.

Bruce

Bruce, some of us who own Jubilees are out of the loop too. I don't hear a thing about improvements.

Greg