HDBRbuilder

Budman

I've not been on the forums much the last year or so, since I got back from the desert. Just been checking on who I remember here. I'll be heading to FT Sill,OK in a month or so for another active duty period. Hope everybody had a good Christmas!

I'm still wondering why the powers that be have not made any real attempts to get into the military market. Maybe now that everybody into electronics is becoming unemployed EXCEPT the military people, the powers that be will make it happen, or become unemployed themselves?? I wonder...

" I'm still wondering why the powers that be have not made any real attempts to get into the military market. "

Klipsch had a major presence in germany during my assigment there from 1986 - 1989. The PX has LaScala's, Hersey's, and I think the WAF frendly stuff like Forte's.

Good to see you around gain Andy. I too would love to see the Military exchanges get Klipsch back in them again but from what I have seen they are not interested in housing large format speakers. They too are opting to stock the annoying little cubes. When I was stationed in Japan in the 80's we had an entire exchanged dedicated to audio and video equip and photo equip. We had Belle Klipsch, La Scala's, Klipschorns, Forte's, Heresy (I & II), Cornwalls, KG 4's and Chorus out on the floor as well as KEF, Polk, Infinity, Bose, along with B& W. Caver Amps, Denon, Yamaha, and some midfi San Sewer, Technics, JVC, Pioneer, Panasonic, and the like.

Well, they haven't made any real inroads into pushing their products to the military markets for twenty years or so now, which, IMHO is a major BOOBOO!! I spent over a year and a half at Camp Beuhring, Kuwait, where over 150,000 troops heading to Iraq passed through after entering the theater of operations during that timeframe. There is a very nice stage in the PX area there, which was used for everything from concerts to projecting DVD movies nightly...and the speakers on stage were BOSE, but COULD have been Klipsch, now why is that? The military PAID for the BOSE, but I am sure they would have LOVED to get a donation of a pair of, for instance, LaScalas, with a subwoofer...lots of free advertising down the tubes, huh???

Picture this...GI watching concert in front of PX, seeing speakers with "Klipsch" written on them....going to PX next day and seeing Klipsch Promedia 2.1 system...looking in PX catalog and seeing LaScalas, K-horns, etc...buying the promedias to take to Iraq, then going home and buying LaScalas??? Get my drift??

At the rate our economy is downwardly spiraling right now, sales to military personnel may be the only sales made for luxury items soon, hint! hint!

Ultimately, limited distribution builds sales. That's why Klipsch is so diligent at closing down grey market and internet sales.

Years ago Klipsch created a special line to be sold through base exchanges, Tangent.

At some point in time though, you may get your wish. Creation of special products for mass-market outlets and keeping an up-scale product line for limited distribution is the interim step. Klipsch may already be close to the point that they don't think that they need brick-and-mortar dealers to create demand for product. End-game is anybody's guess.

End game is me selling for Klipsch from my House of Klipsch. I'd have an audition party every month, then just sit here at my computer and rake in the orders and the dough. Sound good?

When I was in Tech Support we did manage to get a few Sub/AW650 systems to a few bases for their movie nights. Maybe that helped the cause a bit.

Michael

End game is me selling for Klipsch from my House of Klipsch. I'd have an audition party every month, then just sit here at my computer and rake in the orders and the dough. Sound good?

Great idea, Michael!! You could have two meetings per month. One for home gear and one for pro gear. You already have more inventory than any existing dealer. [;)]