Just though I would share this with some fellow Klipsch heads

nezff

This was written on AVSforum by a guy named zboomer. I thought you guys would like to hear this great feedback about Klipsch.

Originally Posted by ZBoomer View Post
Just wanted to post my story of extremely good customer service from Klipsch.

First some background: I own a set of RB-35 fronts, RC-35 center, RS-25 surrounds (all Reference Series from a couple years back), and two sub-12 subs. I believe these match with the synergy series, but I got a GREAT deal on them at BB once.

Powering them all with a Pioneer VSX-1018AH-K receiver, front speakers bi-amped.

Somehow about two years ago, the tweeter got blown in one of the RB-35's; I had an H/K AVR520 powering them at the time, which I believe is 75wpc. I don't think I ever drove the receiver into clipping, but there is no guarantee my son didn't when I was away. I really think the tweeter was defective.

What's interesting is the tweeter didn't completely die, it just seemed to only produce sound over like 15k, I mean only REALLY high frequencies. All the upper-midrange was gone, and let me tell you, imaging went to crap. Since imaging is one of the speakers strong points IMO, it drove me crazy.

Around this time I got divorced, moved, and the speakers were put away until I finally got all my stuff re-setup a few months back. During this time the dealer I purchased the speakers from closed shop here (Ultimate Electronics) and I lost the receipt.

So after getting it all setup again, the dead tweeter was killing me. I was so busy I made do for a while with it, but finally decided to contact Klipsch, seeing if they would warranty it, or at least I could buy a new tweeter.

I emailed their customer service dept, and told them my story, how the tweeter was blown, but I couldn't find the receipt and the place I bought them shut down, so I had no way to re-print a receipt from the store.

I used to be big into car audio, and have built quite a few speaker systems in the past, so I told them if they would just give me a tweeter, I'd change it out myself. I was planning for the worst though; how many companies will warranty something with no proof of purchase, and then let a customer open a product to repair themselves? None I'd ever dealt with... Not only that, these are "Reference Series" which are supposed to be only bought from approved dealers.

A couple days passed, and I got the best response I could hope for. Someone in Klipsch parts emailed me, and said if I gave them my address, they would send me out a tweeter ASAP, UNDER WARRANTY.

So, I emailed him back with my address, and just as part of the email, mentioned that it appeared the tweeter models in my speakers (K130) didn't match what the specs said on the Klipsch web site (K137) for these speaker models.

He responded with something like "Wow, I'm glad you mentioned that! Your speakers had the older model tweeter that was superceded. I will send you TWO K137 tweeters and matching crossover networks so both your speakers will match."

At the same time I got email with the order for the parts, that had already been placed; two tweeters and two full crossover networks with wiring for both my speakers.

I have no idea why they sent me new crossovers, unless the new tweeter has a different crossover point, but I wasn't going to complain!

The story gets even better. As we talked further and he realized I also had a matching RC-35 center, they sent me a K-137 tweeter and crossover for the center speaker, so all would match sonically. So to summarize, for a blown tweeter they sent me three new tweeters, and threw new crossover networks, under warranty, free shipping even.

I've installed them all and couldn't be happier, the system sounds incredible again. The speakers are built very well, and are very easy to take apart and service.

I am just amazed with Klipsch's service here, and almost feel guilty for all they gave me to keep me happy and my speakers working as they should. It is just rare to find a company who stands behind their products like this any more. They have a customer for life; I already loved the way their speakers sound, now I know they stand behind them.

I've attached a couple pics, the first is the original K130 tweeter. Notice it's flat on back. Then the new K137, which has a porcupine heat sink on it. I would venter to guess the 137 would dissipate heat much better, hence handle more power for longer periods of time.

Anyway, thanks Klipsch! You rock!

Nice.

I had a similar experience with Klipsch customer service back in 1980. Shortly after I purchased my Cornwalls from Myer Emco, I blew one of the tweeters. It wasn't defecvtive, I was cranking 160 wpc through it with my Kenwood KR9600 and wasn't holding back (we had a lot of outside parties). Because they are so big and heavy, I asked if they would send me a new tweeter to replace myself which they did right away...................then a month later...............then 2 months later. Finally after 3 new tweeters, I realized just how much juice they could take before frying and I kept it to that level. Klipsch never complained and never threatened to cut me off or charge me. The speakers were under warranty and they held their end of the bargain.

Klipsch rocks, always has!

Nice.

I had a similar experience with Klipsch customer service back in 1980. Shortly after I purchased my Cornwalls from Myer Emco, I blew one of the tweeters. It wasn't defecvtive, I was cranking 160 wpc through it with my Kenwood KR9600 and wasn't holding back (we had a lot of outside parties). Because they are so big and heavy, I asked if they would send me a new tweeter to replace myself which they did right away...................then a month later...............then 2 months later. Finally after 3 new tweeters, I realized just how much juice they could take before frying and I kept it to that level. Klipsch never complained and never threatened to cut me off or charge me. The speakers were under warranty and they held their end of the bargain.

Klipsch rocks, always has!

Kinda the same situation with my buddies LaScalas that he purchased in 1979 . 3 blown tweeters and the dealer , Read Brothers , never batted an eye . They were replaced free every time .

You're not the first one that get that type of service from Klipsch.

I've heard similar thing from others as well and that is why I decided to go with Klipsch instead of Polk Audio or any other brand.

I'm VERY happy for you. That must have felt like a nice Band-aid after the ruff time with Divorce and all.

Good work Klipsch on your service. I'm recommending Your brand and are a proud owner myself.

[Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y] [Y]