Thank you, American soldiers. . . .

bhendrix

Me and one of my buddies were stationed in AZ when I first came in. He got out of the AF, and went Army. He was in Iraq, (2 weeks ago), and got hit twice. His body armor saved his life, and he's recovering fine. (he said the worst part is a couple broken ribs) Unfortunately for him, he has to "recover" in Hawaii..................

Cigarbum.

I was not as decorated as you but as an Army ASA and 7th sp forces vet 1975 - 1978 and now as a Navy family with my Son 1/2 way through basic, I also understand.

Side note:

Those who complain the most about their "your religon can't touch me in any way" "rights" being infringed upon, seem to totaly miss the point that they are infringing on the rights of those who DO have a faith in God. Tollerance is good for the goose AND the gander![;)]

Those who complain the most about their "your religon can't touch me in any way" "rights" being infringed upon, seem to totaly miss the point that they are infringing on the rights of those who DO have a faith in God. Tollerance is good for the goose AND the gander!Wink

No one was complaining about that in this thread...Only pointing out someone used (I assume) your Lord's name in vain and the United States Military is not Christian. I found the fictitious original post offensive and accept people's religious beliefs.[A]

There is a certain religion in the news sometimes (hint, hint) whose radical members do not tolerate someone else having a different religion. Do you accept their religious belief that you cannot have a different religious belief?

Do you know that if you even so little as possess a Bible in Saudi Arabia, that you will be thrown in prison? Do you accept that religious belief?

...Do you know that if you even so little as possess a Bible in Saudi Arabia, that you will be thrown in prison? Do you accept that religious belief?

I don't live in Saudi Arabia and if I chose to visit, I would go by their laws and mores.

When in Rome............

If any certain American goes to another country, etc. which I have, (England, Okinawa Japan, Mexico) we should learn at least enough of their language to get by, learn to drive by their rules/laws, and adide by their rules/laws. As an Active Duty member, I HAVE to do these things, but can honestly say that if I wasn't military, I would still take it upon myself to do it. If I had a big trip planned to go to France, I would without a doubt try to learn as much of their language as possible before goiing. The first time I went to Mexico, (before joining the military) I learned enough Spanish to order my food the way I wanted it, enough to order drinks, and learned to ask where the restroom was, how much does it cost, how to ask for directions, and enough to tell the cab driver where I wanted to go................ When in Rome........

It's easy to have PC views when you can stay in your isolated world and don't have to see what they do in real life.

I won't hold that against you although I wouldn't call your views "PC."

Fwiw, I have nothing more to add to this thread except to say I appreciate the sacrifices our Military Personnel and their Families make and none more so than these brave men and women:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/iraq_casualties.htm

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/fallen/

I wish Godspeed to the Families coping with their loss and hope our Government and Communities are doing everything they can to give them what they deserve.

When in Rome............

Travel is one of the biggest benefits of being in the Military. When I was 2-4 years old I lived outside of Istanbul, Turkey during the Cuban Missile Crises and spent 4 years of the Vietnam War in Bad Godesburg, Germany while by Father worked at the American Embassy in Bonn...As an adult I have traveled abroad over 20 times and hope to keep doing so because it is a TREMENDOUS learning experience...

I highly recommend all Americans get yourself a Passport and see the world and become an effective Ambassador of the USA! Too may foreigners get their information about Americans by what they see on TV. [;)]