Diana Krall - The Look of Love

rplace

I've got all the CD's and DVD's, not a loser in the bunch, not even one throw away song. If your system is toward the brighter side you can hear the noise supression fade in and out on Love Scenes but it's still great.

Good observation Russ. I was excited to buy that CD when it came out since Tommy LiPuma produced it but the engineering was pretty poor on that one. Recording wise, her first CD is my favorite, "Stepping Out". As tigerwoodKhorns stated, her first cd has excellent piano sound and the recording overall is more sharp and dynamic then any of her cd's since.

I agree that “Stepping Out” is extremely well recorded.

People who know jazz will tell you Diana Krall plays a great piano!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am saying is that anyone who likes Diana Krall doesn't know anything about jazz. I am the one who has been trolled by all you people saying that Diana Krall is God's gift to the world. You are the ones trying to provoke an action from me and I guess you have won, if that makes you feel proud.

This was a thread started by a Diana Krall fan sharing their experience with a recording. Several others chimed in, myself included, sharing their favorite recordings and thoughts. Nobody trolled you. Your rude and insensitive remark on this thread and elsewhere show your immaturity and/or lack of intelligence. You alone attacked this thread and everybody who contributed by stating that: "I guess when the Good Lord handed out musical taste, everybody in this thread was out to lunch". Your words, not ours. Please refrain from insensitive and off the cuff remarks in the future. Responding only to the threads that you have a genuine interest in and doing so in an intelligent and mature manner will make your time here on the forum much more enjoyable. Now back to our scheduled program...

I guess when the Good Lord passed out musical taste, everybody in this thread was out to lunch.

"Some people wouldn't know jazz if it bit them on the ***." - Anon.

"All music is important, Dick."

Seriously this is just beautiful... Production and sound recording wise...

So yes, "sexiness" sells... And she is a 6 - 7 made to look like a 8+ in this clip.....but wow!!!!!!

Recorded live at the Paris Olympia 1st December 2001, Krall's
classic style blends equal parts artistic vision, hard work, and
determination. The British Columbia native began playing piano at the
age of four and now has five stunning albums behind her. She made her
debut with the critically acclaimed "Only Trust Your Heart," the album
topped the Billboard jazz charts for most of 1998, earning Krall a
GRAMMY nomination. She went onto to win a Best Jazz Vocal Performance
GRAMMY for 1999's platinum-selling "When I Look in Your Eyes" and
became the first jazz artist in twenty-five years to be nominated in
the Album of the Year category.
This outstanding performance is from the Eagle Vision DVD "Live in Paris", available now.

Guest David H

I also love Diana Kralls work, My favorite is: Love Scenes, followed closely By: Girl In The Other Room.

I also agree Live In Paris is a work of art.

All I am saying is that anyone who likes Diana Krall doesn't know anything about jazz.

Folks like Ray Brown, Jeff Hamilton, Anthony Wilson, Peter Erskine and Jimmy Rowles you mean?

I think you should fly back into your cave and HANG awhile![;)]

First introduction to her voice. Methinks she's a little to breath-ey for this one to be done this slow.

Just want to hear Lani Hall's voice there instead.

however... if you like the breath-ey female style (perhaps pushed a bit more towards the Crissy Hinds (sp?) end of the spectrum)

...check out: 'A Girl Called Eddy' ( the eponymous release). e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Girl_Called_Eddy_(album)

Suggestions to start with:

- Heartache

- Somebody Hurt You

- Girls Can really...

- Tears All Over Town

earning Krall a
GRAMMY nomination. She went onto to win a Best Jazz Vocal Performance
GRAMMY for 1999's platinum-selling "When I Look in Your Eyes" and
became the first jazz artist in twenty-five years to be nominated in
the Album of the Year category.

Grammy Awards mean less than nothing. Christopher Cross won 5 Grammies in 1979. Remember him? They didn't give Billie Holiday an award until she was long dead.