Best Buy Sold out of TV's

x97lyons

I went to go purchase a 46" Samsung LN46a630 last night and they told me they were all sold out and did not have an estimated delivery daye of more. So I had them check the 650 and the 750 and they were also all out and those were not due in until the last week in Feb. It looks like everyone else has these models in stock I wonder why Best Buy is having inventory issues. My guess is it is the 3 year financing along with peoples fears of shopping at circuit city. I really want to test out my kg2.2v I got for a center channel and the kg2.2's I got for the rear while watching movies.

Sears has the slightly older model on sale for 1199.00 w/1080Phttp://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05771055000P?mv=vf&vName=Computers+%26+Electronics&sbf=Brand&sbv=Samsung

That's not the same TV. It doesn't do 120Hz, but still an ok deal.

As far as Best Buy being out, it's a popular TV, and it's SuperBowl season. Add that to the fact that they probably aren't stocking as heavy due to the worries about the economy.

That's not the same TV. It doesn't do 120Hz, but still an ok deal.

120Hz capability is about as useful as a glass door on a toilet. Nice on the spec sheet. Useless in the real world.

I would concern...to a degree. I got the LN52A650 right after New Years, which has the 120Hz, or motion blah blah. I have the motion thing turned off for BluRay and HD-DVD. I have it set to low for my HD-DVR from FIOS. It helps a little with the sports, but otherwise isn't really cracked up to be that much. When you get home and play with it... you will see.

The guys at store C tried to tell me I needed new "ADMI" cables to utilize the 120Hz feature, otherwise my bluray and HDTV signal wouldn't be as good. I told then no thanks, Im fine with my cables. And they persisted. I told them my cables where 1.3c Category 2 Spec complaint, and they where like whats that. I was like if I have any isses, I'll come back and get your "ADMI" cables.

I was walking by TV's in store B and heard the sales guy talking to a customer telling him that the 50,000:1 contrast ratio had to do with how many pixels where in an inch.

Anyways. I love my 650 series, you don't even notice the ToC Red on the bezel.

The guys at store C tried to tell me I needed new "ADMI" cables to utilize the 120Hz feature, otherwise my bluray and HDTV signal wouldn't be as good. I told then no thanks, Im fine with my cables. And they persisted. I told them my cables where 1.3c Category 2 Spec complaint, and they where like whats that. I was like if I have any isses, I'll come back and get your "ADMI" cables.

I was walking by TV's in store B and heard the sales guy talking to a customer telling him that the 50,000:1 contrast ratio had to do with how many pixels where in an inch.

Anyways. I love my 650 series, you don't even notice the ToC Red on the bezel.

But you need those Monster ADMI cables to give you the best high density picture!!!

I think I am going to go ahead and get it at Sears. The 3 year financing was attractive at BB and I was going to make them match the sears price. the Samsung 46" 630 is $1,599 at BB (and they can not get it)and $1,399 at Sears. Sears has the 24 month financing so I should give them my business since they had the lower price and have it in stock.

Best buy sucks and sucks and sucks. Went in last week to buy a lousey modem/router setup for my At&T internet that has been acting up- SOLD OUT!!!! Nothing for sale!!!! Not a single freaking modem that would work with AT&T........WTF?????????: Had to drive 29 miles out of my way to another store to get it. Went in yesterday to a NEW store near my office to buy a 19" Samsung computer monitor for my son... you guessed it..... SOLD OUT!!!!!!!! WTF?!?!?!. Nothing in the other stores and no estimated stock date!!!!!!!

Employees at my store are rude and look/act like something from the planet of morons. Dont like your job?? Go somewhere else- dont take it out on the customers.

Yesterday I found the Sauns LT 25 TV wall mount for half of their price on Amazon.

Screw them- I will never buy anything else from them if I can possibly get it elsewhere.

And they wonder why people shop on the internet.

Soon to follow Circuit ----ty? My money says that they are bankrupt within a year.

uuuummmm....CC is already gone. they went belly up. i have a co-worker that was looking for a tv. he shoped around and decided on CC. we all told him to go ahead and get the tv but NOT the service plan. he ignored up and got the service plan, week later, they announce that they are closeing their doors.....he's screwed out of $300 for the warranty.....we warned him.....

I agree about the 120hz. I paid more to get a model that had some features I wouldn't use like internet news and weather......so I could get the 120 hz. When I got it home I found the same as some others did. Most of the time it actually doesn't even run 120 hz. You can set it to different levels of motion control and a warning box comes up and says there will be increased distortion in the picture when you put it to high motion control (120hz). I honestly see very little difference in the picture using it or not using it. Most times I can not tell at all that it is on or off. The best part of the Samsung 650 to me is that it is as adjustable or moreso than a digital camera........and the picture and sound adjustments really work and change the picture and sound dramatically. It's very good in that respect. It has a huge menu of control settings for the user and excellent I/O. Plenty of connections for anything and everything I would ever use. I like the "entertainment modes" that preset many of the audio and video settings for things like sports and movies. But again, the 120hz makes very little diference as far as I have found in real use at home.

Soon to follow Circuit ----ty? My money says that they are bankrupt within a year.

Welcome to last week when they filed Chp 11 and they closed down a lot of stores this past weekend.

uuuummmm....CC is already gone. they
went belly up. i have a co-worker that was looking for a tv. he
shoped around and decided on CC. we all told him to go ahead and get
the tv but NOT the service plan. he ignored up and got the service
plan, week later, they announce that they are closeing their
doors.....he's screwed out of $300 for the warranty.....we warned
him.....

That's one of the funniest things I've ever read.

normal_welcome_to_last_week.jpg

Ummm... Sorry guys, it sounds to me as if he was saying that Best Buy is soon to follow Circuit City, and will be bankrupt within a year.

Anyway, I seriously doubt it, I think BB is doing pretty well.