I'm on a hunger strike until Fini changes his Avatar back!!!!

fenderbender

Thin crust pizza from wood fire pizza ovens are awsome!!!!

I'll second that!  I've only ever had 2 or 3 but they were quite awesome.  

It's only about an hour and 1/2 until Fender caves.  Wonder what he eats first to end his hunger strike?

OK you guy's got me thinking about Pizza...and while I love both NY and chicago styles for different reasons....I'm craving an Anthoneys coal fired pizza with dry hard salami, Italian roasted peppers and mushrooms........

Butttt all I ate was some turkey breast and lettuce ....I ran my mouth and joined a 12 week fitness challenge ....that all the local gyms participate in......And I need to get under 6% bodyfat, it's a combo of points for body composition, weight lifting events, obstacle courses, and strong man events.......I got the weight, and strongman licked but my bad knee kills my obstacle course times so the body fat has to be near competition levels...10 pounds in 12 weeks should do it!!!!

I get a sick thrill out of watching young cocky 20 somethings....not able to flip the 800# tire even once, and the 47year old man can flip it 8-9 times on a good day!!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bisamuel

You take pictures of your food at restaraunts? I'm going to have to google that to fine the name of that fetish. You could have taken a picture of your waitress if she was cute. Has fini changed his avatar yet?

PS> I like Gino's east also. Also I think there is a place called Uno's in Chicago land which has pretty good pizza.

Merkin -

I think our oldest daughter took the picture of the pizza. I think a shot of a slice would've been better. I'm not sure I've ever photographed my food at a restaurant.

Uno and Due are also awesome. Uno was the original Chicago style pan pizza restaurant and Due is the 2nd opened accross the corner. I think Uno was opened by Ike Sewell (and ????) after returning from WW II and claims to be the first pizza restaurant. The franchised Uno's are pretty good but not near as good as the real thing though a lot quicker.

Gino's East just isn't the same though as it just doesn't have the dive atmosphere as it did quite a few years ago. That's probably for the better as it's a lot nicer now and healthier looking. Probably more seats as we didn't have to wait too long on this visit. You can still grafitti on the walls and the pizza is still amazing.

We had a waiter. I don't recall that she photgraphed him.

Uno's has also spread out over into Indiana. I'm sure the original is probably the best, but they have good pizza.

They've actually spread into several states with quite a few along the Eastern seaboard. I've been to one in Dallas and Florida I think and several times to the one on 82nd street in Indianapolis.

http://www.unos.com/location.html

I do think the original is better but I've never had to wait over 2 hours as I've had to do at the original for the Uno Chicago Grill and the service seems a lot faster.

I'm craving an Anthoneys coal fired pizza with dry hard salami, Italian roasted peppers and mushrooms........

coal fired pizza - not sure I've ever had that...

Fender - you'll have to have your favorite after your fitness challenge ends. I'm sure GLA51 will have a cold Sam Adams or 2 waiting for your next visit, maybe even a Rolling Rock.

I get a sick thrill out of watching young cocky 20 somethings....not able to flip the 800# tire even once, and the 47year old man can flip it 8-9 times on a good day!!!!

Put the punks in their place! Just don't get too carried away and hurt yourself. I'm 47 and severly doubt I could flip an 800# tire. [:$]

Uno's has also spread out over into Indiana. I'm sure the original is probably the best, but they have good pizza.

They've actually spread into several states with quite a few along the Eastern seaboard.  I've been to one in Dallas and Florida I think and several times to the one on 82nd street in Indianapolis.   

http://www.unos.com/location.html

I do think the original is better but I've never had to wait over 2 hours as I've had to do at the original for the Uno Chicago Grill and the service seems a lot faster.     

Had an Uno's here that didn't last long. [:(] They built a very nice new building in a prime location and I visited once but had a long wait for cold food and poor service all around. Probably poorly run and thus the reason for its departure. Sorry to say I didn't get the real experience. Sbarro's is Long Island owned and therefore very popular here, but I'm not a fan of their food. Pizza Hut has combined with Taco Bell and even Baskin's Robin's making for really weird smells within the restaurant and poor food from all involved. The large Pizza Huts seem to be disappearing, along with Arby's and Roy Roger's and Kenny Roger's for that matter. I miss them all. Just as well I guess, as I now eat McDonald's salads and Paneara Bread.

• Moderators

Put the punks in their place! Just don't get too carried away and hurt yourself. I'm 47 and severly doubt I could flip an 800# tire. Embarrassed

At 51 I can do it easily [H].................with the front loader on the tractor !

If your only talking about loosing #10, you must be in good shape already !

You guys get up here to Indy and I'll show ya Some Guys pizza- wood fired oven, lots of great ingredients, mid-thickness crust, yummy!

But Jim is correct, there's nothing like a slice of pie fresh from a real NYC pizzeria, like Ray's Original, just fold in two, let a bit of grease drip off and have at it! I always stay at the Milford Plaza Hotel when in NYC, there's one right across the street. It's the WATER guys! There is nothing like municipal tap from Manhattan. They have great water processing in The City, they have to, and it imparts a certain flavor to the pizza that you don't get anywhere else. Besides, dese guys really know how to toss dough, ya know?

RAY'S Original Pizza

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/magazine/16-05/ps_pizzasci

I'm craving an Anthoneys coal fired pizza with dry hard salami, Italian roasted peppers and mushrooms........

coal fired pizza - not sure I've ever had that... 

Fender - you'll have to have your favorite after your fitness challenge ends.   I'm sure GLA51 will have a cold Sam Adams or 2 waiting for your next visit, maybe even a Rolling Rock.

Put the punks in their place!  Just don't get too carried away and hurt yourself.  I'm 47 and severly doubt I could flip an 800# tire. Embarrassed

I have a few pics of me flipping the tire on a hard drive @ home.....I'll dig them out and post when I get home.......to prep they have a 450# tire on a slight uphill grade that I just did 22 flips in one minute on saturday....then I puked!!!!

the big boy 800 pounder is as much technique as it is strength ....the hardest part is jamming your fingers under it on the asphalt to get a good grip....then driving with your legs like hitting the blocking sled.......once you get some momentum going you can't ease off or you'll get crushed.......

The swamp method of fitness... Hay bales.... The big 750 pound round ones... that they load flat so they won't roll out the back and crush the car behind you.... and you've gotta' stand up the "roll", then push it off the truck, then stand it up and roll it onto the pallet in the barn... That'll get you going Fender my man!!! Then head in for a couple bacon, cheese and sundried tomato omelets, home fried taters with onions and jalapenos topped with some sour cream, pile of fresh biscuits smothered and covered with some fresh cream sausage gravy, big ole' pile of hotcakes with blueberry syrup and thick cut bacon slab slices on the side. Washed down with fresh squeezed OJ from the tree, then a nap.... a long one.... [:P][;)]

The swamp method of fitness... Hay bales.... The big 750 pound round ones... that they load flat so they won't roll out the back and crush the car behind you.... and you've gotta' stand up the "roll", then push it off the truck, then stand it up and roll it onto the pallet in the barn... That'll get you going Fender my man!!! Then head in for a couple bacon, cheese and sundried tomato omelets, home fried taters with onions and jalapenos topped with some sour cream, pile of fresh biscuits smothered and covered with some fresh cream sausage gravy, big ole' pile of hotcakes with blueberry syrup and thick cut bacon slab slices on the side. Washed down with fresh squeezed OJ from the tree, then a nap.... a long one.... Stick out tongueWink

I'll be over in about one hour!!!!!