COMCAST ONLY BRADCASTS IN 1080 I ?

iwillwalk

Up until recently 1080i is all anyone had. It would probably require all new equipment to enable 1080p. Besides that, it's not like the networks are actually broadcasting 1080p.

That being said, it would be cool to have, but I'm not switching to satellite just yet. Let us know if you get it and if it is truly an improvement.

is direct tv 1080p? I have been testing the 1080p for several months now, a few programs are out there

is it worth it to switch? YES!Yes

C'mon, don't leave us hanging. How many programs is "a few?" And as far as being worth it to switch, are we talking it's so good that I should switch providers, or if I already have satellite, it is worth it to switch?

Don't get too "comfy" with all of your concerns over 720p vs 1080i vs 1080p......1440p will be coming down the pike before too long. And then......, and then,...... and then.....

I have come to accept one, frustrating constant about this hobby: Guaranteed Obsolescence! [:(]

is direct tv 1080p? I have been testing the 1080p for several months now, a few programs are out there

is it worth it to switch? YES!Yes

C'mon, don't leave us hanging. How many programs is "a few?" And as far as being worth it to switch, are we talking it's so good that I should switch providers, or if I already have satellite, it is worth it to switch?

Let's just say this. I am using a 5 yo 1080i DLP and do some unofficial testing that anyone can get into with DTV (multi-room video, Direc2PC, single wire multi-switches, video and audio streaming from PC, etc). The 1080p programming is much better than the other, now I can not swear what makes the difference, I suspect that it's simply a matter of bandwidth as I SHOULD not see a difference as I only have the 1080i. But the picture is much better. If you have DirecTV and want to get in on the "cutting edge" visit this site, abide by the rules and take your chances. New software most every weekend.

http://www.dbstalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=118

an then all we need is the media and the money to upgrade to the hardware that will send it to the new and improved HDTV. I just want a BluRay that will output 7.1 via analog so I don't have to upgrade AVRs AGAIN (yea, it's coming but...). What good is a display without the media and all the equipment in between?

1080i here in Chicago. I believe its the Motorola set top box that is the limiting factor. Google the model & read the specs. But honestly, I didn't notice too much difference between 1080i and 1080p BluRay. The BluRay was better with more detail in extremely dark areas or bright scenes , and on things like landscape/Planet Earth. For the most part no big deal. Maybe games are different but I'm not a gamer. BTW: I WILL BE POSTING FOR SALE A NEW SONY PLAYSTATION3. I'm trying to figure out a fair way of doing this without turning it into an auction or just random luck of who happened to see it first ~ but maybe that's the best way. KEEP YOUR EYES POSTED ON THE GARAGE SALE!